Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So a few questions after my first play:

1) How many assistants do you start with for a solo game? I assumed 2, as for 2/3/4 players you have 4/6/8 assistants.

2) If you draw a Person card into your hand, do you (a) discard it and trigger its ability immediately, then draw a card to replace it, (b) discard it as (a) but don't draw a replacement, or (c) keep hold of it and choose to play it some other time?

3) If you reveal a Person during Phase II or III, the rules say you discard it, but do you therefore play out its ability or is it simply discarded? The rules imply the latter, but I think it must be the former.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes 2 assistants.
2) ->c) is correct: keep hold of it and choose to play it some other time (see text above the acton E.g. Tpny Merz: Phase 2.
3) A character/Person flipped into the market, has no effect and is discarded immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alexander! Much appreciated. I'm enjoying the expansion so far, clever twists to the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Nick. If it is ever reprinted, rules will be improved regarding your issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alexander,

A question about Rabbit:

Do the 5 victory points count only towards the requirements for the chapter? (seems obvious now that I've written that out)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Card 19 (Rabbit) gives you 5 VP at the end of the game if you hand in the appropriate resources. So the answer is yes (for the solo game) and it gives you VPs in the competitive game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks. I'm loving this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
1) Yes 2 assistants.
2) ->c) is correct: keep hold of it and choose to play it some other time (see text above the acton E.g. Tpny Merz: Phase 2.
3) A character/Person flipped into the market, has no effect and is discarded immediately.

Darn it, we fell into this trap too last night. We didn't understand that you could hold it in your hand and strugged with what to do with the phase information on the card (the card said Phase 2 and it was dealt as one of the 2 cards during Phase 1), so we ruled that it took effect immediately at the start of Phase 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rodriguez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Card 19 (Rabbit) gives you 5 VP at the end of the game if you hand in the appropriate resources. So the answer is yes (for the solo game) and it gives you VPs in the competitive game.
j

Hi Alex,

I was wondering, for Card #19 you described, it says pay 3 Iron or 3 Cattle.......is that a) 1 Cattle Good worth 3 coins b) 3 Cattle Goods or c) Build 3 Iron or Cattle builds/cards?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
b) is correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.