Subject: Two quick questions about the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lody Kokshoorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

We played our first playtrough yeaterday. And although we love it, there are two things we are uncertain of.

1) The rules state that a player can move through any figure on the board but this might result in being captured. Does this mean I can only move through guards without being captured when I am cloaked or otherwise uncapturable? I could not find this being explicitly said in the rulebook.

2) The rules on the theft section tell me that a player can get a theft icon when targeted by either a card played on him specifically or on a space that he occupies. On the other hand, the rules section on smoke tell me to treat anyone in smoke as if they had a theft icon. I was wondering several things on this subject.
- 2.1) When a "Noise Grenade" (has a theft symbol) is thrown into the space that I occupy, I get a theft icon on me for this whole turn?
- 2.2) Player 1 gets a smoke grenade used on his space, while player 2 stands next to his space. Does player 1 get a psysical theft icon on him for the whole turn even when he walks out of the smoke, while player 2 is only treated as if he has one until he moves out of the smoke?

Even though I found a lot about these questions in the rulebook, I could not find a very clear rule on the matter. If any of you do, please tell me where I can find it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Mydel
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Exactly

2.1) Yes, exactly, then you get the theft marker for the whole turn

2.2) You are treated "as if you had the theft marker" only as long as you are in the smoke, if you leave the space with a smoke marker, you are safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
That second one confused me a bit. When I played, I used a smoke bomb and assumed that since it has the theft marker, it meant that I would take one such marker permanently until I got robbed, regardless of the actual smoke. Is this wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wydawnictwo Galakta
Poland
Kraków
Małopolskie
flag msg tools
publisher
You can be robbed only while in the smoke - it makes sense because in the smoke you could not see other thief appearing behind and stealing from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savoy Lord
France
antony
flag msg tools
1) The rules state that a player can move through any figure on the board but this might result in being captured. Does this mean I can only move through guards without being captured when I am cloaked or otherwise uncapturable? I could not find this being explicitly said in the rulebook.

you answered :

1) Exactly

this is not clear to me : is it possible to cross spaces occupied with guards without being caught when you have no special equipment or are you automatically caught when you move through a space occupied by a guard ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wydawnictwo Galakta
Poland
Kraków
Małopolskie
flag msg tools
publisher
1) No, you cannot enter the space with the guard without special equipment (or being hidden). The guard would just catch you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savoy Lord
France
antony
flag msg tools
aaaah this change many things thanks Wydawnictwo Galakta !!!

the game is cool, i will try it with 4 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.