1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon 3rd Party Prime] Black Fleet $25.88 shipped {DEAD} rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
A tepid deal compared to MM's current sale -- but they're out of stock and this ships free.

Sports Cards ETC thru Amazon has Blackfleet for $25.88 with free Prime shipping. 4 left in stock at time of posting.

Black Fleet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon 3rd Party Prime] Black Fleet $25.88 shipped
Now $14.80! Super deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Looks like currently $14.80 with free shipping on Amazon! (use same link in OPs).

Seller is Supreme Hobbies.

Picked up one myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaand back to $25.88

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Sold out at $14.80 soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad! In my opinion, this would be a great deal at $15, but is only "meh" at $26. But that might be because I thought the two player experience was very weak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
Too bad! In my opinion, this would be a great deal at $15, but is only "meh" at $26. But that might be because I thought the two player experience was very weak.

It wasn't designed as a two player game, so that's to be expected. Did you try the different two player variants posted in the files section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was still in love with this game when the MSRP was originally announced as $70 (!). So sad to see it in bargain bins. Amazing game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
scomatt9 wrote:

It wasn't designed as a two player game, so that's to be expected.

Of course, but it's still a valid criticism that should be considered for the large number of players who want a good 2 player option.

Bff-lurker wrote:
Did you try the different two player variants posted in the files section?

No because I own Jamaica and World of Yo-Ho, both of which are similarly themed and weight but that I prefer and have far superior 2 player experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
scomatt9 wrote:

Of course, but it's still a valid criticism that should be considered for the large number of players who want a good 2 player option.

Bff-lurker wrote:

No because I own Jamaica and World of Yo-Ho, both of which are similarly themed and weight but that I prefer and have far superior 2 player experiences.

I have a hard time seeing playing a game incorrectly intentionally and then disliking it as a valid criticism. Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
scomatt9 wrote:
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
scomatt9 wrote:

Bff-lurker wrote:

I have a hard time seeing playing a game incorrectly intentionally and then disliking it as a valid criticism. Just saying.

That would be an excellent point if a 2 player variant wasn't included in the rules. But it is. And it doesn't work as well as I would like. And a lot of people happen to agree with that (hence your own reference to alternate 2 player variants on the BGG forums). Is Black Fleet a bad game? No. But do I often get 3-4 player games with a huge footprint to the table? Nope. Therefore, I need a solid 2 player option and Black Fleet doesn't offer that. The two other games that I referenced do. How on Earth is any of that invalid? It's totally cool to like Black Fleet; there's plenty to like about it. But for me, it doesn't meet my criteria for inclusion in my collection, and that seemed like a perfectly noteworthy YMMV-type of disclosure since I'm far from the only one who feels that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
scomatt9 wrote:

That would be an excellent point if a 2 player variant wasn't included in the rules. But it is.

I don't have the game yet (cause shipping), but as far as I can tell the rules available from Space Cowboys make no mention of a 2 player variant ... which is why the box says 3-4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'll be the voice of dissent and say that we really enjoy it 2p. I prefer Grey Elephant's variant, but the one by the designer is good, too. Yes, it is correctly marked on the box a 3p+, but the 2p variants work well.

Grey Elephant posted a video of him and his wife playing through their variant, so you can see how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
scomatt9 wrote:

That would be an excellent point if a 2 player variant wasn't included in the rules. But it is.

I don't have the game yet (cause shipping), but as far as I can tell the rules available from Space Cowboys make no mention of a 2 player variant ... which is why the box says 3-4 players.

The designer did indeed publish an official 2 player variant. You might try it and like it, but I did not unfortunately. And again...my real problem isn't the 2 player variant as much as the need for one. Simply it means that this game is too easily replaced by other, similar games that I like better and that are either designed to play 2 or have better variants.

I haven't tried Grey Elephant's. If I owned the game, I'd give it a shot though. The truth is, I really love the games that Space Cowboys put out for the most part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamedays wrote:
Looks like currently $14.80 with free shipping on Amazon! (use same link in OPs).

Seller is Supreme Hobbies.

Picked up one myself!

Looks like Supreme Hobbies is going back on these sales. Listen to this:

Quote:
We’re very sorry to have to send this message, but due to an Amazon system error (possibly related to the Internet attacks earlier this week) the item(s) you purchased were sold at an incorrect price, some extremely high and some extremely low.

Hahaha. Hackers all over the Internet, changing prices right and left.

I also love the part about some prices being extremely low - others being extremely high! "Ahh! Help! I bought this game for too high!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
I got the same message after ordering something else that stuck around well after the Black Fleet "mistake". It seems that we now have to look out for hacked deals as well as fake Chinese ones. yuk

My message asks me to cancel my order so that I can process my refund quicker. I'm going to wait a bit in the off chance that Amazon actually wants them to honor the price -- it wasn't any cheaper than MM/CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Yeah, I got the same email as well.

But I just got notification from Amazon that it shipped, so IDK. Guess will see. It is coming via USPS, and USPS doesn't have the tracking number in their system yet.

Maybe they were trying to get people to cancel the order, prior to it shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I did not receive the email and mine just shipped with a USPS tracking number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Got a shipping notice too ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welp, this is going to be interesting. The e-mail says these orders will not ship.
Quote:
Please realize that this order will not be shipped so receiving your refund earlier is to your benefit.

Perhaps they got Amazon to cover it. Seems like a software glitch on their side. I saw Lords of Xidit for $10 and TIME Stories for like $25 during the same time period - all from this same store. Didn't post here because it was over within a few minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vignon
msg tools
I'd love to hear if you received it. I told them to do what they had to do, which was cancel my order. I may regret that now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I told them I was including Amazon on my reply and wanted to get confirmation from them first before taking any action (this was for Eldritch Horror from them at $31.37). Then I get an email stating my order was cancelled. So I'm in a bit of a back and forth email discussion with amazon about this as, in my eyes, there are 2 possible things that should happen: 1) The company is falsely accusing amazon of being at fault for a pricing error on their own end and should be held accountable for those actions (suspension/ban from amazon or whatever it is they do), or 2) Amazon had a major breach in security that caused just this company to have their prices changed (which I find unlikely), and there is a much larger issue at hand. Amazon already had me file an incident report regarding this "Amazon's Fault" email I received from the seller, so we'll see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
seisyll wrote:
Welp, this is going to be interesting. The e-mail says these orders will not ship.
Quote:
Please realize that this order will not be shipped so receiving your refund earlier is to your benefit.

Perhaps they got Amazon to cover it. Seems like a software glitch on their side. I saw Lords of Xidit for $10 and TIME Stories for like $25 during the same time period - all from this same store. Didn't post here because it was over within a few minutes.

Yeah they have a feedback now on Amazon from another buyer of 1 star stating this issue and the seller replied to it saying it was due to a change in Amazon's shipping system (because, ya know... that would have any impact on the listed sales price..). So they told me previously in an email that it was due to an Amazon security breach from when the DDoS attacks were happening and then post on that comment that it was Amazon's fault from an upgrade to their systems... Sounds like a load of crap to me lol. There is nothing in other online forums for any product type having any issues, and no one just hacked Amazon to change this one seller's prices, so it seems to me they didn't want to honor prices they quoted and were simply trying to get out of the sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
For those that got tracking numbers, do you actually see that it has shipped/en route? Mine still says pre-shipment -- they printed the label, but USPS hasn't received the package.

Though wouldn't be the first time USPS didn't report correctly, assuming it is en route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Gamedays wrote:
For those that got tracking numbers, do you actually see that it has shipped/en route? Mine still says pre-shipment -- they printed the label, but USPS hasn't received the package.

Though wouldn't be the first time USPS didn't report correctly, assuming it is en route.

Mine is the same. My guess is that if there is no movement by tomorrow even the people with shipping notices are out of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.