Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Vacchetti
Italy
Alba
flag msg tools
Hi,
I have One question about the stack.
If i want to exhaust my hero to activate him,and an opponent play a tactic that make the hero exaust one time,does the hero not work because after the tactic is not active or does simply get exhaust one step more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Štefaník
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Simone,

if you use your hero activated ability it is already in stack and noone can't remove this effect from it so it will be executed anyways and your hero will be simply one more time exhausted.

The execution is in this order (it does not matter which effect is called first - activated ability of the hero or the exhaustion of hero the result is the same):

1) Call "I want to use my hero activated ability" and use immediately the card (exhaust it one time) and put the effect into the "Stack".
2) Enemy want react, but in this case it is pointless, but in some cases it might be useful "I want to exhaust your hero"
3) Now noone wants to add something to the stack so it is executed from last to first.
4) First is executed the exhaust effect so the hero is one more time exhausted so he is now 2-times exhausted.
5) Effect of the hero activated ability is executed (because in this case hero use his economic ability player gain 1 water or draw a card).

Hope that explains it how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Vacchetti
Italy
Alba
flag msg tools
Yes i got the point,thank you.Only another think: if i use a 3 points exhaustion ability,a card that will exaust the hero will be useless to play?!The unit with an exhaustion ability will act the same as the hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Štefaník
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes, you are right but you have to distinguish between Slow and Fast effects.

If you want to use Slow effect, they are not put into the Stack, it is something like a wish, you just want to play something and player can react on it with any fast effect and after all effects in Stack are resolved that you can play that Slow effect if all conditions remains.

For example:

If you want to declare an attack with the unit, you just have to say "I would like to attack" and your opponent can react to it and can exhaust this unit, once the "Stack" is resolved and unit is exhausted it can't declare attack, because it is exhausted and not in active state.

And I found a typo in the rules, we have to fix it in the next print-run. There is said that "Slow effects can be executed as a reaction ...." (Page 27 bottom) but there should be "Slow effects can't be executed as a reaction....." because they are slow

Sorry for that mistake, we will release fixed rules with more examples with "Stack" soon.

Thank you for pointing out this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.