Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Urquiza
Peru
flag msg tools
Please can anyone help me to understand this rule

LOSSES: The Defender, when an option, chooses which of its own
pieces to remove. Unlike normal Battle and as in other Ambush
(4.3.3), the Defender must remove a piece for each Loss suffered,
including Leader, Legion, Citadel, or Fort without first rolling a 1-3.
• The Defender must remove pieces in a sum equal to ½ per
Germanic Warband there, or half that sum if Defenders have a
Citadel or Fort (then round down).
• The Defender must remove a piece for each Loss suffered,
including Leader, Legion, Citadel, or Fort without first rolling
a 1-3. EXCEPTION: Romans Defending in the same Region as
Caesar on a die roll of 4, 5, or 6 may absorb Losses by rolling a
die and removing Legion, Caesar, or Fort only on 1-3.
• Any Defending Allied Tribes, Citadel, or Fort may only take
Losses after all other Defending pieces there have been removed.
Germans Counterattacked by Caesar (on a 4-6) remove Warbands
then Allies (3.4.5)
equal to ½ per Auxilia (round down), plus one
for Caesar, plus one per Legion in the Battle.

If a roll a 1-3 Do I loose Caesar? Ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
No, you don't lose Caesar (necessarily).

In battle, defender chooses which of their pieces to lose and in which order. With forts, citadels, legions and leaders instead of simply taking the loss and applying it to the unit (as with warbands, auxilia, and allys) defenders have a 50/50 chance of keeping their pieces on the board on a roll of 4-6.

In an ambush, this benefit is lost, a distinct advantage for trying to take out legions (etc). BUT Caesar has another super power where upon announcing the ambush against him, he gets a 50/50 chance of maintaining the defensive advantage of the dice roll for legions, leaders, forts and citadels. If he fails the roll, he still can decide which units to lose in which order, simply can't roll for the aforementioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Oh also Caesar gets to have his counterattack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Urquiza
Peru
flag msg tools
So this dice just roll once per attack command?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
manuelurquizad wrote:
So this dice just roll once per attack command?

This only applies to ambush special abilities. With the Germans, they only ambush when they battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
And Caesar must be present for this advantage, so it doesn't apply for any other Germanic battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Urquiza
Peru
flag msg tools
So Caesar must be present in the battle only por Germanic Battle with ambush and just roll a die and if a roll (1-3) just remove units and with (4-6) I can have my counterattack and the 50/50 chance to keep my (legions, citadels) Rigth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manuelurquizad wrote:
So Caesar must be present in the battle only por Germanic Battle with ambush and just roll a die and if a roll (1-3) just remove units and with (4-6) I can have my counterattack and the 50/50 chance to keep my (legions, citadels) Rigth?
In any situation where the Romans are ambushed in the region with Caesar a die is rolled to negate the ambush and convert it into a regular battle. Against the Arverni and Germans the Romans need to roll 4-6, against Belgae 5-6 to negate the ambush.
This is one roll per ambush.

Separate from that are the die rolls to avoid removing pieces when assigning a loss. Leaders (including Caesar), legions, forts, and citadels get this roll, except when on the receiving end of an ambush.
Of course Romans would still get this die roll if Caesar successfully negates the ambush in the region he is in.

In a norml ambush the defender does not get to counter attack. If Caesar negates the ambush in his region then Romans get to counterattack there despite the declared ambush.

Basically, Caesar gets a chance to convert any ambush in the region he is in (and only that region) into a regular battle. This works even against Germans that normally don't do regular battles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Urquiza
Peru
flag msg tools
Thanks Niko, I understand now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.