Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick L
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally tracked down a copy of the Mont Tremblant Track which has always been a favourite of mine as it was the first GP I saw (kinda dates me there).

I like the track, but was a bit disappointed that the background was rather mundane. I set out to use Google Maps (and intrigued that the south loop is a bit short) to put the track in context. I aligned it to fit and added in the corner names. There is also a area called "the hump". Not a corner, but a area where the elevation drops noticeably and many cars have gone airborne and off; I added a hazard zone marker for the Hump (I thought to reflect it, cars landing after the hump but before the next corner could be forced to move two spaces further to reflect the hazard).

So here's my dilemma. The track bit I didn't draw. I don't know who did. All the background is either Google maps or some free clip art and images.

I would love to post the map for others, but I think the BGG forum rules prohibit that.

Any feedback on that?
rgds Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I suggest you contact the maps author. See if they mind if you post an updated version.

Looking forward to seeing your update.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the problem - I don't know the author.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowsonic wrote:
That's the problem - I don't know the author.

Tristan Lagny I believe is the designer of that circuit.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.