8 Posts

Hands in the Sea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Supply and reinforcing battles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
If Rome is attacking Syracuse (it does not have control of any supply points in Sicily)and Carthage places its fleet in the Sicily Sea zone (Rome 's fleet is still in harbor), does that mean that Rome cannot reinforce its battle in Syracuse at all since Syracuse is OOS for Rome and more than 2 spaces from Rhegium?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rome has supply across the straights to 2 spaces. That means that Catana, Messina, and Tyndaris.

However, you could not add a ship icon to the battle if Carthage is the only one with a ship icon in the Sicily sea zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to query this. What you are saying is that provided that you control the location from which you launch an attack and it is in supply by land, you can always play sword symbol cards to reinforce the attack, even if you cannot trace supply by land or sea to the location that you are attacking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
You asked the question much better than I did and the answer is yes. The way I think about it is if the closest location you are attacking FROM has supply, you can reinforce the oos battle, but not by sea if enemy controlled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Waldowski
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To give a example. Rome is attacking Olbia on Corsica/Sardinia and controls Aleria. Carthaginian fleet arrives to the sea zone. Can a Roman player play cards to reinforce that battle in future rounds since the islands are out of supply for him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Rome's fleet isn't there, no sails for sure. I think the answer is no for standard sword cards, as now the battle start location is OOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
See thread: Clarification Needed supply and reinforce battle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.