Subject: 2-players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules for 2 players (both sets) don't work very well...

Because of this rule :
At the start of a player ’s turn, before moving their own family leader, the player must move one of the neutral family leaders 1 to 3 rooms forward
...you're always able to displace a neutral leader who could have prevented you from reaching a particular room !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lohengrin75 wrote:
I think the rules for 2 players (both sets) don't work very well...

Because of this rule :
At the start of a player ’s turn, before moving their own family leader, the player must move one of the neutral family leaders 1 to 3 rooms forward
...you're always able to displace a neutral leader who could have prevented you from reaching a particular room !

Hmm but you have an option with the neutral leader to go 1 or 2 or 3 spaces, so you can move him in such way that he would not block space which you would like to reach with your family member

We player last night 2 player version (basic one) and it was really cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but it's exactly what I said!
The neutral leader can't block your own leaders. So what's their use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lohengrin75 wrote:

Ok sorry, i thought you wrote something else you can block places where your opponent have a chair or any other place where you think your opponent might want to go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Lohengrin75 wrote:

Ok sorry, i thought you wrote something else you can block places where your opponent have a chair or any other place where you think your opponent might want to go

We played a two player game yesterday and took the option that the neutral colour could not take the action, only walk the town. Blocking isn't really an option because you move one neutral before your own elder.
But I found them rather useful in extending my reach over the town, using them as a free step to get 4 or 5 steps if required. other than that, they seem useless to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
AkitaInu wrote:
Lohengrin75 wrote:

We played a two player game yesterday and took the option that the neutral colour could not take the action, only walk the town. Blocking isn't really an option because you move one neutral before your own elder.
But I found them rather useful in extending my reach over the town, using them as a free step to get 4 or 5 steps if required. other than that, they seem useless to us.

I totally agree with you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it could have made sense if you could only move the neutral leaders after your own move...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Lohengrin75 wrote:
I think it could have made sense if you could only move the neutral leaders after your own move...

then it would become a blocking factor indeed, it would act more as a real extra player. which is the purpose I suppose.

Personally, as they're described in the rules now, I think that we could just leave out the neutral colour and it would play just as fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.