England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another one that just came up.

When you make a short pass and it is intercepted (defence has more footballs than attack), as far as I understand it, the ball stays on the line it was passed FROM, but goes to the defensive player with the lowest number. Assuming this is correct, what happens if the line from which the ball was played only has attacking players?

For example...

<--- Red Attacking this way. R2 has the ball.
R5
B10 R3
B11 R2*
B6

Red 2 attempted a short pass, but was intercepted by blue. Does R2 keep the ball anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a pretty unique and rare situation that involves a negative-movement, namely - one that is going to lose us the line (although I see the reasoning behind the move as the attacker would like to have a receiving player).
Still, there are no defensive players to intercept the pass and the rules state that intercepted short pass stays in the line. And since the base game rules should always receive the priority, the ball stays in the line with the lowest number player (although it is not a defensive player).
So yes - R2 will keep the ball.

P.S. Can't wait till you, guys, start playing the expansion. I think I'll just give you my phone number then Anyway, keep them coming - pure pleasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat Trick wrote:
That is a pretty unique and rare situation that involves a negative-movement, namely - one that is going to lose us the line (although I see the reasoning behind the move as the attacker would like to have a receiving player).
Still, there are no defensive players to intercept the pass and the rules state that intercepted short pass stays in the line. And since the base game rules should always receive the priority, the ball stays in the line with the lowest number player (although it is not a defensive player).
So yes - R2 will keep the ball.

I would like to say it was tactical genius that resulted in this situation, but actually it was because I played the wrong card ;-) However, the situation occurred and we were left wondering what the outcome would be. We played on with R2 keeping the ball (lucky bounce after the interception).

End of the game - Germany 3 England 0. I will say that the early penalty gifted to Germany by a linesman who should have gone to Specsavers was the ruination of England!

We did play with the Players expansion, but decided that we needed some time on loan at a lower level to get some match fitness and, erm, learn the basic rules first ;-) We are about ready to step up again now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you play England? And did you use the teams/stars from the base game?
Oh, and be sure to let me know as soon as you switch to the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat Trick wrote:
Did you play England? And did you use the teams/stars from the base game?
Oh, and be sure to let me know as soon as you switch to the expansion.

Yes, I was England with the correct star players. Plenty of shots on goal, but that German Keeper kept guessing the right way! I made a few mistakes though and could have got myself into better positions. Basically we are just trying things out to get the rules down - seeing what happens kind of thing.

I just love how the ball moves in this game, and I like how there is still an element of luck involved (drawing cards with all right-side footballs when you're building up on the left!). Hoping your opponent has low cards when you're going for a cheeky chip from the edge of the box etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.