Forbidden Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Engineer and Navigator Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spudkitty

Idaho
msg tools
mbmbmb
I wish the rulebook was a bit more specific in laying out the abilities of the heroes ... or maybe it's just me. Would someone help clarify the following questions?

1. The Engineer card says 'Shore up 2 tiles for 1 action.' Does this allow the Engineer to shore up ANY two tiles or just the ones he/she is adjacent to?

2. The Navigator card says 'Move another player up to 2 adjacent tiles for 1 action.' Does this mean 'adjacent to tiles next to the Navigator' or 'adjacent tiles next to the person chosen by the Navigator?'

3. Is there a place online which more fully explains the roles of the heroes (other than reading through forum posts, which is how I found out more about the Diver!)

Thank you for your help with this. Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The engineer can only shore up tiles adjacent to him. No diagonals though.

The navigator let's the character move one tile according to the other character's movement rules. So explorer can move 1 tile adjacent or diagonal. Diver can swim to another tile, or walk to an adjacent tile. The pilot can't fly though, just walk.

There's a fan somewhere, but I'm not sure it has all the details, I also don't have the link either, so I'm not much help there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.