Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little head's up. On the Games Workshop site, they have listed contents for the November White Dwarf. The main thrust of the issue is The Burning of Prospero (obviously). For Calth players who are also interested in Prospero, I thought the following nugget of information might be useful (bolding is mine, for emphasise):

Planet Warhammer – All the news
Contact – Our letters page
A Tale of Four Keyboards – Total War: Warhammer comes to White Dwarf
Golden Demon
A Tale of Four Warlords
Temporal Distort
Hall of Fame
A World in Flames – We take a look at the Burning of Prospero
The Ultimate Guide to… Commorragh
Army of the Month – Rik Turner’s Blood Ravens
The General’s Almanack – A brand-new series about gaming in the Age of Sigmar
Battle Report: The Border War
Armies on Parade
Illuminations: Prospero
Battleground: The Fortress of Kah’Rahkél
Rules for the Lord-Veritant in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, the Legio Custodes in Horus Heresy, and Contemptor Dreadnoughts in Burning of Prospero.
Sprues and Glue
Paint Splatter
’Eavy Metal Masterclass
Readers’ Models
In the Bunker

(I'm starting to think I should write for BoLS. I seem to post these things and then a day later their writers post the same thing spun into an entire article )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the magazine also comes with a free download/code for Grombrindal The White Dwarf for Total War: Warhammer (and 20% off the game itself).

I don't know if I wrongly interpreted earlier rumours (or perhaps the rumours were wrong, but I can't seem to find any links now) about Grombrindal being a free figure on the cover, similar to the one on the September issue.

Since the pre-order is available now, I'd imagine that would be on the announcements if true, so seems like there's no mini? Must just be the code then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Apparently the magazine also comes with a free download/code for Grombrindal The White Dwarf for Total War: Warhammer (and 20% off the game itself).

I don't know if I wrongly interpreted earlier rumours (or perhaps the rumours were wrong, but I can't seem to find any links now) about Grombrindal being a free figure on the cover, similar to the one on the September issue.

Since the pre-order is available now, I'd imagine that would be on the announcements if true, so seems like there's no mini? Must just be the code then?

It's just the code for the computer game. No miniature this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in the US know of a retailer offering the game for a good (low) price? The videos have gotten me pretty interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheapest I have been able to find in the past few months is around $130-$140 - which includes shipping. If you are not morally opposed to it, check on Amazon first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And a little update for the little update. BoLS has an article with more details about the November White Dwarf. Looks like contemptors get rules AND a special scenario for the new Burning of Prospero game.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/10/gw-legio-custodes-con...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit, Kevin. Don't make me renege my decision not to buy this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
Dammit, Kevin. Don't make me renege my decision not to buy this game.

You know it's only a matter of time until White Dwarf publishes rules for using Sisters and Custodes in Calth. Plus 30 extra legion veterans and five more termies does make it easier to use that Calth points system they published back in September devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
But are there new rules for Calth in this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No clath rules in this issue, just rules for using contemptors in prospero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up my issue of White Dwarf today (hopefully Prospero turns up in the post tomorrow).

Just musing out loud here, but looking through the magazine, I am very happy to see quite a few elements relating to board games. It's evidence that the board games are becoming a part of the business they actually care about and want to push.

Beside all the coverage of Prospero (with designer notes), there are rules for using contemptor dreads in Prospero (including a new scenario), a double-page tease for Blood Bowl (there's going to be an app, you know!), and a page just advertising the GW board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.