Subject: Expansion Suggestions thread! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this just came out but lets have some expansion ideas anyways!

#1 Undead (Lair of the Lich?)

#2 Map rooms which cause damage the longer you stay in them but have lots of treasure.

#3 Rooms that exit in a random direction

#4 Treasure items that increase in value the more you have of them.

Post 'em if ya got 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Wolgast
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have more maps, maybe some weird bottleneck or a really deep dungeon where it's hard not to die or one with a lot of treasure if you move through a long detour with ice caves and one-way routes.

Also, maybe the dragon could be modified in some way, perhaps where it starts with different amounts of cubes and the number of cubes you draw is different.

I really want classes to the different colours, with different starting decks, different health and passive abilities, maybe some starting money or equipment. Perhaps a barbarian that doesn't take damage when moving past monsters, but makes more clank? Or how about a thief that starts without clank cards, but can't use weapons? A priest that can heal once each turn but has fewer hit points? A character that starts with money and an awesome deck, but has a permanent -2 skill?

I'd like more options in the store as well, perhaps some smaller, cheaper things that gives you a permanent +1 boot or a health potion?

I'd also like more players with perhaps a team variant. I love when expansions add players (well) and I don't see any reason why this game couldn't have more players.

Finally, I'd like to be able to be more aggressive towards other players. Like putting down traps or attacking people directly. I think if handled correctly traps could make this my favourite game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What a good game.

I'd like there to be more clank!. Cards that generated it. Some cards to place it in the Clank area and some into the bag - but forcing the player to decide between getting stuff and choosing clank. I'd also like the players to be slightly differentiated so each was a character. Instead of sidestep in the startup deck each seperate character gets a different card that generates 1 skill and 1 move, but also optionally generates clank to get either gold, skill, swords, or gives clank to another player. Maybe! Balance being important.

Anyway this is a very good game that just needs a bit of edge to be wowsome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think that making rooms more thematic would be nice.

I have a hard time associating the dungeon row with the rooms, although that's what the theme calls for. Have a few different rooms types and 3-4 different card piles linked to their own room types. If not, maybe have a different set of cards for the "the depths" and the rooms above ground, which would really makes sense, making rewards better, and dangers more threatening, in the depths.

I'd love a "scenario" extension with its own theme, its cards, its vilains and pitfalls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solitaire rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Room for one more....fifth player. Variable player powers via a differentiated start deck, more rooms with possible traps. Lots that could be added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a wilderness expansion would be a good idea. Instead of starting at the top and working your way down, the map could have a village in the middle of a dense forest. You work your way out into the woods as they grow denser and more wild while trying to avoid the forest dragon.

I don't know if I would want to mess too much with the current game. I have played two games so far and it seems to have a really nice balance of cards. Sometimes an expansion can cause wild swings in luck, even more so than exists in the game already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I d like too see 2 things:

1. 1 or 2 diffrent starting cards, so that every thief is diffrent
2. A lot more Dungeon Cards

Rest would be nice, but I would love to see more content first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cnmd djb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should add classes for players to pick.each class has several special card as the start deck,such as a one time key,a discount when buying items, that will make this game cooler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What I want for Clank! is relatively simple.

1) An additional player

2) As alluded to in this thread already, I want a greater number of powerful cards that come with the price tag of adding clank.

3) A boatload more cards that allow you to cull from you deck. Another mechanic that would accomplish the same thing would also work.

The last two points exist as cards already but they're very diluted options. I want those mechanics to surface more because I really enjoy progressing towards the most efficient engine possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not good enough at maths to calculate, but if we have a lot more cards, even if the proportions remain the same, doesn't that increase the risk of having a streak of dragon attack cards, or no-dragon cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I suppose when removing cards in a smaller deck, the probably would be affected more than removing from a larger deck. Still, I would consider that an insignificant factor considering Clank! already has 100 cards in the draw deck.

In fact, not that I think it matters, but I would consider a less volatile probability as the result of more cards a positive side effect. No?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The more cards you have, the more likely you are to get a streak of dragon/no-dragon cards.

I'd like more cards anyway :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My buddy suggested more ways to have interaction between players. Pick pocketing and Traps were his suggestions.

Pick pocketing sounds especially interesting to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryle wrote:
My buddy suggested more ways to have interaction between players. Pick pocketing and Traps were his suggestions.

Pick pocketing sounds especially interesting to me.

Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the idea of generating more clank in general. I think it'd be cool to have cards that allow you to cull your deck at the expense of heavy clank (maybe 3-4).

It could be a cheap device or perhaps a re-usable card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about additional 'goblin' cards. Ie. Spend swords to get something other than $1.

There was a monster door (name escapes me) that on death provided movement. Something like that.

Additional variable setup could be implemented if there were a series of those cards where one could be selected each play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Solipsiste wrote:

I think that making rooms more thematic would be nice.

I have a hard time associating the dungeon row with the rooms, although that's what the theme calls for. Have a few different rooms types and 3-4 different card piles linked to their own room types. If not, maybe have a different set of cards for the "the depths" and the rooms above ground, which would really makes sense, making rewards better, and dangers more threatening, in the depths.

I'd love a "scenario" extension with its own theme, its cards, its vilains and pitfalls.

Love the sounds of both of these, especially cards associated with certain rooms (or probably more practically certain areas). A 'depths' deck would be great too, hopefully with a higher density of dragon attacks too!

csaman wrote:
Room for one more....fifth player. Variable player powers via a differentiated start deck, more rooms with possible traps. Lots that could be added.

A 5th player would be great, turns are so quick (for the most part) that I don't think downtime would at all be an issue. Balancing for dragon attacks per player turn might be a little bit of a problem, although as it stands I actually think there should be more dragon attacks/more powerful attacks.

Player starting powers would be awesome, balancing needs to be done well, but I'd hope for powers that were at odds with each other, forcing some more player interaction where possible.

Brian T wrote:
I think a wilderness expansion would be a good idea. Instead of starting at the top and working your way down, the map could have a village in the middle of a dense forest. You work your way out into the woods as they grow denser and more wild while trying to avoid the forest dragon.

I love the idea of more than just a dungeon, there are so many settings that would work. The only problem I can see arising is that some of the cards are specific to say, crystal caverns, and some of them only fit into the theme of a dungeon, so it might be that with each new location you need a new 'dungeon' deck, which I guess would be called a 'forest deck' for example. Would also love to see this as an extension to the board and not necessarily just an alternative.

Bryle wrote:
3) A boatload more cards that allow you to cull from you deck. Another mechanic that would accomplish the same thing would also work.

For a deckbuilder, this game doesn't offer much culling at all, and to me it seems quite a necessary mechanic for deckbuilders. I think, though, that I'd like to see it implemented in something other than cards, perhaps some special rooms that let you do it, or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.