Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Hilton
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Research (2) sticker; have you guys been playing this as "draw an extra research card when doing the research action, but still only keep one" or "draw 2 and keep 2"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lykouragh wrote:
The Research (2) sticker; have you guys been playing this as "draw an extra research card when doing the research action, but still only keep one" or "draw 2 and keep 2"?

The research rules in the manual say that effects that allow you to draw extra cards still only allow you to keep one. If there was a future rule that changed this, I assume it would specifically say so (ie, 'keep two cards').
(spoiler box 1)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
...or more specifically, there might be a card that says "Research +2" and "When you research, keep 1 extra card." In this case, you would draw three cards and keep two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lykouragh wrote:

The entry that tells you to apply the sticker clearly states what it does. It lets you draw an extra card, but you don't keep any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schutt
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where on the leader card did you guys put this sticker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Combatchuck wrote:
Where on the leader card did you guys put this sticker?

I just did above the appellation space.

Box 2 spoilers:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Given the shape and color of the sticker, I'm assuming the original intention was to place it covering the action slot on the reference card, but that becomes problematic when you replace the card later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Tran
msg tools
lykouragh wrote:

If you are refering to the sticker you have to stick on your "actions/turn reminder" card (given by a milestone) IMO it allows you to draw two cards and keep them.

It's written : "research 2" not "research +2".

Research +2 means : draw two cards, keep one
So i guess research 2 (without +) means : draw two, keep two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
1. That is not correct.
2. You resurrected a thread from four months ago to give an incorrect answer.

It's written as "Research 2" so you couldn't stack multiples of that same sticker for extra effect. If it had been written as "Research +1" then you would be able to stack them.

Research 2 lets you draw two cards, but you still only keep one (unless you have some other ability that allows you to keep more).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure Darren's right, and the entry that gives you the sticker is quite clear about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, Darren's right: the sticker modifies your *base* draw from 1 to 2 cards. It doesn't change how many you keep. The reason it was "Research 2" instead of "Research +1" was to make it more obvious that the stickers couldn't stack.

Second, the sticker goes on your leader card, not on your reference card. Putting it on your reference card can be a significant error.

(I.e., no change since the original responses last October. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.