Since i missed the Kickstarter Ive been kind of out of the loop for this for a while and completely missed that it was released.
Just ordered a starter box expecting it the coming week but so far ive seen very few unboxings and impressions for the game.
So anyone in here have their hands on the starter and want to offer up a few words of first impressions just to still my hunger!?
Pictures always welcome
If you are on Facebook I suggest joining the Dropfleet Commander group as it is full of people painting models and posting impressions and thoughts on the game.
Edit: And here's a blog by one of the beta testers with a lot of insight in the different factions and ships.
- Last edited Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:15 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:11 pm
Fella over on dakka had these thoughts:
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
It's fiddly getting the pegs into the bases.
Here's a demo game
Dropfleet Commander in brief
- Tactical battle focused on objectives to achieve through sensible used system of control certain area of battlefield
- Well implemented system of weapons range
- Strategic initiative not linked to the random dice
- 7 different commands to choose from, each differently affecting the ships on the battlefield
- 3 levels of the battlefield adding more depth to combat
- Ships act as battle groups which affects their movement on the table
- 4 fractions with actually different style of game
- Very detailed meticulous models
- Expanded fluf (about 150 pages) that describes not only the ships, or race, but also the history of the universe, the course of operations of war or the technology used
- The gameplay is smooth and quite fast (2-3 hours per game)
- system of fleet build which give much room for choices
- Models requires some more 'skills' to get the miniatures prepared
- The destination format seems to 1000-1500 points (starting fleet is about 600)
- Movement is simplified but elegant (with the exception of the 3 levels of the battlefield)
- a certain degree of randomness associated with the mechanics of burnthrought weapons (this weapons are used by 3 of 4 faction in the game).
- Unpainted & needs assembly
- 4 UCM Frigates, 3 UCM Cruisers
- 4 Scourge frigtes, 3 Scourge cruisers
- can be magnetised for modularity
- Last edited Wed Jan 4, 2017 11:25 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Jan 4, 2017 8:58 am