Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just saw where pre-orders have passed 700. Any ballpark figure on when it will go to the printers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Miles
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This answer was posted by the designer over at Consimworld on Oct. 9th:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1ddc2a00

Gregory Smith - Oct 9, 2016 8:31 pm (#16 Total: 19)

HPS Simulations
[Smith, Gregory]
Preorder

Hey Tony, Hunted has lots of artwork that needs done yet, I'm sure it will be available at pre-order for a long time yet. Easily 6 months or more. Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pmiles wrote:

HPS Simulations
[Smith, Gregory]
Preorder

Hey Tony, Hunted has lots of artwork that needs done yet, I'm sure it will be available at pre-order for a long time yet. Easily 6 months or more. Greg

Are they completely re-doing this game? I haven't been paying attention because I bought the first edition and the upgrade pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mb
Wister wrote:
pmiles wrote:

HPS Simulations
[Smith, Gregory]
Preorder

Are they completely re-doing this game? I haven't been paying attention because I bought the first edition and the upgrade pack.

No, its a new addition to the original game. You will be able to take your surviving (or new) U-Boats to the end of the war. The Happy times are over and you get to be "The Hunted" not the hunter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmiles wrote:

HPS Simulations
[Smith, Gregory]
Preorder

Ok then, sounds like late summer or fall of next year. Thanks for the info..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:
pmiles wrote:

HPS Simulations
[Smith, Gregory]
Preorder

As mentioned, it's a new game. Although some counters will be copied over from The Hunters, this is just the simple status stuff, wound and damage markers. We have a whole slew of new awards, base ports, spare parts, and new U-boat types, plus all the target counters will be .75" wide and we have a new set of capital ships to do. On top of that, with all the new game systems all the U-boat mats will be updated to incorporate the new features, plus of course the new mats for the new boat types.

The good news? I'm making decent headway on the new counters. The bad news? There's still a lot of art to do, and it's all the more involved stuff like the large U-boat images for the mats and the Kommandant cards. With the latter the main time sink is likely to be researching decent quality images I can make use of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar K
msg tools
mb
Could have just bought buklamang's work and we would have been playing the game already this Xmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is such a thing as being willing to wait, in order to support the designer and publisher who have worked hard to give us great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar K
msg tools
mb
Beery wrote:
There is such a thing as being willing to wait, in order to support the designer and publisher who have worked hard to give us great games.
I meant they could have bought his work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ragnarkuusik wrote:
Beery wrote:
I meant they could have bought his work.

You do realise Alexey is on the development team already? That we're using his work as a template to base the new work on. That we can't use his work in original form for a variety of reasons, such as file format and copyright on some of the artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar K
msg tools
mb
Wedgeij wrote:
You do realise Alexey is on the development team already? That we're using his work as a template to base the new work on. That we can't use his work in original form for a variety of reasons, such as file format and copyright on some of the artwork.
Now I know. Wise choice.

Has he managed to sell you an idea of "The Hunters" mobile app as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for not responding earlier. We are planning to get THE HUNTED into the GMT Games print queue in tail end of Q1 2017 if all goes according to plan. We are busily working on all the production artwork for the game (U-Boat Displays, finishing up counters, layout of rules, etc.) and that will take us through end of Fall at least. GMT had no available print slot for this year as I was informed several months ago, so we are on track to get it into the print cycle as early as we can for next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ragnarkuusik wrote:
Could have just bought buklamang's work and we would have been playing the game already this Xmas.

If you downloaded the v1.6 beta, then you could be playing it right now. It would tide you over until the retail version hits the street..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gang,

Just proofed Alexey's 15 U-boat play mats (yikes!) which was tedious to say the least...my brain is mush now. lol.

They're looking GREAT and I think he'll be posting them shortly. There were mainly some minor issues and some patrol length issues.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sturmer wrote:
Hey gang,

Just proofed Alexey's 15 U-boat play mats (yikes!) which was tedious to say the least...my brain is mush now. lol.

They're looking GREAT and I think he'll be posting them shortly. There were mainly some minor issues and some patrol length issues.

Greg

Coolness! Looking forward to seeing them..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.