4 Posts

John Prados' Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: Major power Alliances rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cris
Spain
flag msg tools
France, GB and Urss are in war with Germany. Italy is neutral major power.

If Italy DoW French or USSR, Italy must declare all allies? By 5.31 Italy can declare only to French but 5.4 Rule talk about alliances (but these alliances are major-minors or all nations?) Here, in boardgamegeek link forum there are not anything well explain for this

Anybody know how should be this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I remember it, as the USSR is at war with Germany she is allied to Britain and France and Italy will declare on all 3 allies costing 45 BRP. If Italy declared on Russia she also declares on Russia's allies. If Italy declares on Britain she must declare on her allies except France. Having declared on Russia she must declare on Russia's ally France. Similarly declaring on France to start with drags in Russia then Britain. If only UK and France were at war with Germany, Italy could pick on one or the other for a mere 15 BRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lanciani
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think you declare on a MP and its *minor* allies. Then the MP and its allies (major and minor, with the possible exception of France and Britain) counter-declare on the declaring MP.

So in this case:
1) Italy DoW URSS and pays 15 BRPs. France and Britain pay both 15 BRPs to counter-declare on Italy (URSS counter-declares for free).
2) Italy DoW France (or Britain). URSS has to counter-declare for 15 BRPs (the other western power doesn't have to do so).

Note that I have been baffled before by the diplomacy rules, so take the above with a large pinch of salt.

Ciao,
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris
Spain
flag msg tools
I believe that Colin is right. If Italy declare war on USSR and USSR is an ally of UK and France, Italy must declare war on the three major and pay 45 BRPs. Rules 5.3.

Counter-declaration is free, so USSR allies don't must pay if Italy DoW first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.