11 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: Received my used eBay copy of Carcsonne in mail today rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
It is in excellent condition as described. It's the Rio Grande version with old artwork. It comes with the free river expansion (says that on box cover). Got it for $9.99 plus $10 shipping. $19 total.

But what I was NOT expecting was that Z-Man Inn's & Catherdrals was also in the box.. all the tiles for it and instructions! Again with the old artwork (which I favor, that's why I bought the used copy).

So any other expansions I should get or is this good enough? There is room in the box for many more expansions.. going to customize it (design trays in OpenSCAD and print on my 3D printer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only expansion you might be missing is the second expansion Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders. Every expansion after that added unnecessary bloat (imho).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W.
United States
Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Traders and Builders is the other expansion to get for sure. Princess and Dragon is not bad though. I would see if you are able to find the River II so it make the River bigger and longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here ya go:

Carcassonne: The Phantom (extra meeples only, can easily DIY)
Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders
Carcassonne: The Princess & the Dragon
Carcassonne: Hills & Sheep
Carcassonne: Die Belagerer
Carcassonne: The Gold Mines
Carcassonne: The Ferries
Carcassonne: The Mini Expansion

I rather like Carcassonne: The Tower but it can be a bit AP inducing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the world of Carcassonne Jennifer!

Sounds like you had great fun playing it. No doubt you'll come across the many different expansions. Best of luck on your journey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have quite a few Carcassonne expansions. But after playing many games, I've paired the game down to just the original game and Inns & Cathedrals and Traders & Builders.

My own personal feeling is that the game becomes too long if you add too many expansions. I will often play with the extra Meeples from the various expansions as they add a lot of variety to the game, but I leave the expansion tiles out.

One expansion that I highly recommend after playing with it in the iOS app is the hard-to-find Phantom expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted a second base set myself.
So at a local con I found a copy (old art work) for $5

I too was surprised to find The River, Inns and Cathderals, along with Traders and Builders... which were not expected making this a gem of a find for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll have to try and find Traders and Builders with the old art work. Looking like it will cost me like $35 on ebay for that which is quite pricey considering I got the base game, river expansion & inns & catherdals for $20 shipped

Thanks for mentioning the phantom meeples. I have a 3D printer and can probably figure out something. I've already printed lots of meeples with the 3D printer and it works great. I also have translucent PLA filament. I could print it in that and then do a very very light coat of paint over that, so it will kind of look like a phantom?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All you'd really have to do is make one meeple for each color and distinguish it somehow. Writing a little "P" on them would even work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mahoney
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated before, the only other "must have" expansion for Carcassonne is "Traders & Builders." I have the "Hills & Sheep" expansion (which was included in the Carcassonne Big Box I have) and we quite like that expansion as well. However I've never seen it for sale with the original artwork at a reasonable price.

Also, eBay has plenty of people willing to sell you games for CRAZY HIGH prices. Like 100 USD for a rare expansion, that kind of crazy. You might be better off looking on the Geek Market here on Boardgamegeek if you want used Carcassonne expansions. Try this link: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/search?q=carcassonn... I see someone on there selling Traders & Builders right now for 7 bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Really, what you have is PLENTY for 100's of games. T&B is not necessary at all. Not worth $35. You got a wonderful buy, enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.