BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games with Lots of dices? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just love dices Lots of Them my question is. Witch games includes Lots of dices? Dicemaster is not my ally buying cards to get a better deck is not me. I have looked at Quarriors to but there is really Lots of opinions about that game so im not completly sold. Then Roll for the Galaxy looks really really cool but im afraid that the rules is to complicated for my girlfriend (she dont Wanna play games if the rules Are to complicated)

Is there other games out there with Lots of dices? (Sorry for the dumb question but im completly new to boardgames so i dont know that Many games yet)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
possibly not as dice heavy as those you've looked at, but certainly nice dice and lots of them - Alien Frontiers maybe or King of Tokyo - both should be uncomplicated enough rules wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
anevilgiraffe wrote:
possibly not as dice heavy as those you've looked at, but certainly nice dice and lots of them - Alien Frontiers maybe or King of Tokyo - both should be uncomplicated enough rules wise.

I have looked at King of Tokyo but People say that the game is better is there is +2 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Troyes has a lot of dice.

NVM, you want light two player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dummiz wrote:
Then Roll for the Galaxy looks really really cool but im afraid that the rules is to complicated for my girlfriend (she dont Wanna play games if the rules Are to complicated)

Sit down with your girlfriend and watch this playthrough of Roll: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/62923/roll-galaxy/rahdo-...

It really isn't as complicated as it looks.

Others to look at: Escape: The Curse of the Temple and FUSE.

In general, I'd say that whatever you are considering, watch the 'Rahdo Runs Through' video for it. He is primarily a 2p gamer, and there are many good games that fall flat for 2p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panamax and Steampunk Rally both have tons and tons of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't available yet, but what about Sagrada? Maybe it's one you want to keep an eye on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/floodgategames/sagrada-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Run, Fight, or Die!
Allegiance: A Realm Divided
Star Trek: Five-Year Mission

off the top of my head

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But would Panamax be considered relatively simple for someone new to board games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
sauron There is Dragon Dice with "MULTI-PASSEL" multitudes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just watched Rahdo's Run,fight or die and it looked Like a lot of fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Favor of the Pharaoh has a lot and some people bought extras so players didn't have to pass them around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Stål
Sweden
Örebro
ÖREBRO
flag msg tools
For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
badge
Ram it down!
mbmbmbmbmb
In order of weight, I recommend these dice games.

Can't stop - Weight: 1.17 / 5

Escape: The Curse of the Temple - Weight: 1.48 / 5

Marvel Dice Masters Weight: 2.28 / 5

Kingsburg - Weight: 2.44 / 5

Stone age - Weight: 2.51 / 5

Alien frontiers - Weight: 2.57 / 5

Roll for the Galaxy - Weight: 2.75 / 5

Star Wars: Destiny - Weight: 3.00 / 5

The Castles of Burgundy - Weight: 3.05 / 5

The Voyages of Marco Polo - Weight: 3.19 / 5

Troyes - Weight: 3.46 / 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally haven't tried it, but I've heard Pandemic: The Cure is fun with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll Player is a load of fun.
Pandemic: The Cure is easy to learn and a lot of fun to play
Castle Dice has dice and castles
Dice City is a great two player game, may not have enough dice for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Marie
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I highly recommend Dice City! It's my husband's favorite game, he's always requesting to play it. And the game components are surpringly nice, especially the feel of the boards. I wasn't expecting such quality considering I picked it up for less than $30. It has 2 expansions already out with a 3rd on its way, to provide a little more variety. There's a variety of different strategies to try and win, but it's super easy to learn and light enough for your girlfriend.

I also recommend Fuse. The best part is you can solo Fuse! Perfect for when hubby isn't up to playing board games with me. And you can set the difficulty level as hard as you'd like. I'm ashamed to say that I must have played at least 6 games already and haven't even beaten training mode once... blush (damn that required yellow 1 die!)

If she's a zombie fan try Escape: Zombie City. We found we liked it way better than escape from the temple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john f stup
United States
damascus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Pickonimo- 8 dice for each 1st roll + less each time as you keep rolling until your turn ends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kornhaus
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not what you had in mind, but Saikoro has 62 6-sided dice that make up the playing board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunters of Arcfall is pretty quick, with lots of dice. Don't be fooled by the cards - they are just there to keep track of your wins. It's not a card purchasing game like Quarriors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith

Colchester
essex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 actually plus loads for Castle Dice my missus loves this one.
She will even play the odd game of Nations: The Dice Game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Krueger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll for it! Great light game - more dice with more players!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ham
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
HONK HONK
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember playing Stack growing up. 14 regular six-sided dice per player, all rolled at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zappshmeow94 wrote:
I personally haven't tried it, but I've heard Pandemic: The Cure is fun with 2 players.

My wife and I have played it many times both multiplayer and 2-player, and it works great with both. In several ways, I prefer it to Pandemic.

And it certainly has lots of dice. Each role has a unique set of 6 dice tailored to its respective skills, and each disease has its own set of unique dice determining on which continents they will appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I would have to say Roll for it is pobably the lightest on rules in those that are mentioned.

I would also second Marvel's Dice Masters because you can keep buying more dice and characters, however, the rules might be a little on the heavy side but super cool game.

You can also consider Formula D each player gets quite a few dice. I have not had the chance to play it but have seen ppl play it and it looks quite fun.

I also recommend King of Tokyo as I just played it tonight with 6 ppl (we didn't use the Tokyo Bay section of the board) and it was quite a fun time with that many ppl.

now to eat some bacon....hmmmmmmmmm...baconbaconbacon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King's Forge
Steampunk Rally
Dungeon Dice

3 great games with tons of dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.