Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am just learning the rules, so this might be a dumb question...

Why do you keep track what generation is going on currently on the same track where you tracking your Terraform rating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
35.94%
badge
The phone's tapped anyway
mbmbmbmbmb
It is relevant for the solo game only, but the designers have indicated that they mention it during the normal rules so as to cut down on the special rules in solo mode. They also said that it is nice to have a feel for how many rounds a game tends to run so you can plan accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A previous discussion on the topic:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1651021/generation-marker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's there as a easy place to do it. Makes the board a little bit less cluttered instead of it's own track. The big white cube to mark generation is so different to the player cubes marking TR/VP so it's not going to be wrong.

By the way, you actually don't need to keep track of the generations unless you play the solo game or if you use the draft variant. But it might be a good thing to do to make the prediction on how many generations that could be left easier, when you get to learn how many generations a game usually takes. The more players, the fewer generations is normally needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok. Thank you for the answers.

I thought i have missed something. I have not read solo game rules yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Morris
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
It's also used if you're drafting cards to keep track of which direction you're passing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.