Subject: Multiple copies of the same game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that it is possible to add to your collection more than one copy of the same game. And not by the means of "Quantity" field but a completely new entry. That is great - now I can keep track of different versions of the same game that I own or owned.

However I noticed that when making a search such games do not show up as expected. It seems that status of first entry is shown.

For example, let's assume that I traded off an old version of the game and mark it as "Previously owned" and then bought a new edition adding it as a separate entry. Now if I search for the game the status on the list is "Prev. Owned" (as first entry) rather than "Owned" as I would expect. I guess the image show is affected the same.

Is it possible to correct it somehow? Can I somehow indicate which entry should be the "default"? Or must it be the first? If so then maybe at least I could easily move entries up and down?

As for now the only workaround I see (or more precisely: I guess - I haven't tried it yet) is to edit the first entry for the new status and then add another entry with the previous status. But this requires lots of copy-paste of form fields... Not to mention that if you have even more entries and want to keep them ordered it is even more copy-paste...

Or maybe - at least - BGG could be smarter in picking entry to show as default. So for example Owned or Preordered would have priority over Previously owned (and so on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you view your collection, you can filter it by status. So you can set Previously owned to "No," and Own to "Yes."

Or I may be completely misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two entries on Troyes. First is for edition which I owned but no longer do (I traded it away). Second is for edition which I preordered. This is illustrated by screen of my page (red underlines by me):

Now I do a BGG search for "Troyes" resulting in below screen (again red underline by me):

As you can see Troyes has status "Prev. Owned". I guess it is so because first entry in "My Games" is shown. How to change that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question in 2011: Browse Games shows the Previously Owned, not the currently Owned

It got no replies. So I started just deleting the 'Previously Owned' copy of the game where I had a newer version. Not a great solution, but there it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... 5 years passed and no solution. But at least I got few replies. So there is some progress! Maybe in next 5 years we will have a solution.

Pity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the work-around of manually copying entries so that they are chronologically ordered from newest to oldest. (While hoping that I will never have to make a third entry...)

There is however a disadvantage. Entries have some dates - marked on the screenshot below (it is already after manual swapping).

I guess those are dates when the entry was created. The don't seem to be changeable. Nor do they update upon edit. But they somehow make it evident that the entries were swapped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.