Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Am i missing something in the rules. Recently played with 5 players later in the game I would sometimes get 4 coordination cards to help allowed us to win. But today played with 3 players this means the best I could get was two coordination cards in a turn which means we could not kill the final enemy. Should there be some weighing to how many coordination cards players can play according to number of players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rothfuss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing about the Legendary Encounters series is that the game becomes increasingly difficult the more players you have. Being able to effectively coordinate more cards is one of the factors that helps compensate for this at higher player counts.

The other major factor is adding in more Young Bloods with higher player counts (yes, adding more makes the game easier)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lack of incoming Coordinate cards should be offset by the ability to fine tune your deck more than at a higher player count. Ideally you'll have more powerful cards coming at a higher frequency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is what I had hope for, but we found it difficult with 3 players to purchase 8 recruits cards which was easy with 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think it would be easy to grab eight Coordinate cards with even three players. Perhaps it was just bad luck?

Compared to Alien, it's usually much easier to get Coordinate cards. The Coordinate cards in Predator are much cheaper and more numerous than Alien, with the first Predator movie's character cards featuring eleven cards with Coordinate in the character deck (plus Dillon's card that gives one player's entire hand the Coordinate keyword).

I wouldn't really worry about trying to collect Coordinate cards with a lower player count. The effects are generally weaker than Alien's coordinate cards, and their primary purpose is to activate the Predator Avatars' Call for Back-Up abilities. They're common and so cheap that you can usually afford them on a turn with very little Recruit, so try prioritizing for the cards that give you more attack and special abilities. Make sure that each of your decks concentrates on one or two colors (Coordinate cards can be bought by the player not concentrating on that color) so you can activate the most Class abilities possible.

In short, concentrate on making the most effective individual decks so that you won't need to rely on Coordinate.

------
Ah! AAAAHH!
I just realized I totally misread your concern from the second post. Point still stands that an effective individual deck with a little help from Coordinate could help you get those expensive rare cards.

Concentrating on Strength Class will give you a decent yield from Dillon's Before Anybody Knows We're There and the Knock Knocks will help kill off enemies, particularly if you play mutiples in the same turn.

Leadership Class is also great. Using Ol' Painless is waiting will help you (or a teammate who is just short on Recruit) find the cards you need, and Bad Idea is one of the best cards in the set.

With Tech, combination of Stick Around to eliminate starting cards and Pushing Pencils to draw more non-starting cards can get some decent draws, but this can take a longer time to set up compared to the previous two colors.

In a three player game, I would say Survival should be the color that no one needs to comcentrate on. If I was a ridiculously calculative player, I would try to have the Strength player get the Sexual Tyrannosaurus, the Leadership player should take the Real Nasty Habit, and Tech would ideally get I See You so these decks could get the most out of Brothers in Arms bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.