$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Theme Help! Parasitic Hero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I am making a wacky game.

You play as a person [ Sarah Pyte, Worm Hunter. ] that shrinks down and enters a parasite e.g. you become a parasite to the parasite (No I don't have a parasite).

You wear a wrist Drill that can convert the mini-parasites within the main parasite, you convert them to Gems. The wrist band drill will also; shrink you down, propel the hero, and cut thru.

Any mini-parasites you pass up then become... you guessed it, parasites on your (something). Get too many mini-parasites and lose the game.

Theme Help
Who is the hero? Do they need a suit (I want to see the face)?
Where do the parasites go... that attach to the hero on the "Card-meeple"

Any ideas for actions?
I have the hero cut threw bone, fiber, blubber. is there a better type?

Game play
Move the blades clockwise to create stones to spend on a card.
Play the card to deal with problem locations on the bug.
I can make the puzzle really tight but I would like some randomizer ideas.

When you need to pass a stone (LOL) i mean mini-parasite, you flip the blade to show that you passed up one. you then spin the card to show 2 are on the blade card. Then on a third passed Mini-Parasite you reset the blade and add it to the hero-meeple card. Splay open the card connected to it.




Rondel card
The Drill: This is the background for a 3 propeller Rondel

Break Thru Bone

Break Thru BLubber - Theme Change to Mucus!

Break Thru Fiber

Collect your cards

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Uh, it would appear you need help with theme ideas in much the same way Bob Dylan needs help with lyrics, or Trump needs help with stupid comments.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Uh, it would appear you need help with theme ideas in much the same way Bob Dylan needs help with lyrics, or Trump needs help with stupid comments.

Thank you for posting... If anyone wants to go down this rabbit hole I got a Red pill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sapienza
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I have no help to provide on this theme. Parasites in shrunken people in parasites. It's like Inception with worms.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter though so I can stay updated on where this goes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sapienza9000 wrote:
I have no help to provide on this theme. Parasites in shrunken people in parasites. It's like Inception with worms.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter though so I can stay updated on where this goes.


I am solidifying the theme because I hired an artist for this 18 card print n play.


Here are some weird Theme constraints.

The Bracelet drill is on the Left hand because of the Meeple card. I want the face to show while the arm is pointed out.

I need a theme for the extra stuff that gets on your hero. The old theme was the rock getting into a ship and then breaking the ship.

I might go with a Girl Hero and have the stuff get in her hair...(No helmet)

I guess that's it..

2 cool things about the design. No Tokens, 18 Cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sapienza
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
aVoidGames wrote:
Here are some weird Theme constraints.

The Bracelet drill is on the Left hand because of the Meeple card. I want the face to show while the arm is pointed out.

I need a theme for the extra stuff that gets on your hero. The old theme was the rock getting into a ship and then breaking the ship.

I might go with a Girl Hero and have the stuff get in her hair...(No helmet)


Dr. Sarah Pyte, Worm Hunter. I'd sure want a helmet inside a parasite, but make it one of those old-school large fishbowl type helmets so you can see her clearly.

The mini-parasites should cling onto the air tank thing I would put on her back, so when too many parasites (Air-a-sites) cling on, she runs out of air. Or maybe it's a back-mounted battery to power her drill...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sapienza9000 wrote:

Dr. Sarah Pyte, Worm Hunter. I'd sure want a helmet inside a parasite, but make it one of those old-school large fishbowl type helmets so you can see her clearly.

She is soooo NOT getting a helmet... LOL
But I will go with Sarah Pyte, Worm hunter... I will drop Dr. because she might be 15. "TOTALLY GROSS" job

Quote:

The mini-parasites should cling onto the air tank thing I would put on her back, so when too many parasites (Air-a-sites) cling on, she runs out of air. Or maybe it's a back-mounted battery to power her drill...


oooow I like that...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut through mucus.

As to clothes

How about the super utility infiltration tuxedo?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Cut through mucus.

As to clothes

How about the super utility infiltration tuxedo?

I can do Mucus...
The 007 suit might not fit this girl.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aVoidGames wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Cut through mucus.

As to clothes

How about the super utility infiltration tuxedo?

I can do Mucus...
The 007 suit might not fit this girl.
http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/invt/dzz71536?rmsrc=1&_$ja...:77520|cid:294788705|agid:20991823025|tid:pla-189709680545|crid:85482631865|nw:g|rnd:6710787753630833731|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CL_BhoKw8c8CFQkq0wodxSkPtw
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
aVoidGames wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Cut through mucus.

As to clothes

How about the super utility infiltration tuxedo?

I can do Mucus...
The 007 suit might not fit this girl.
http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/invt/dzz71536?rmsrc=1&_$ja...:77520|cid:294788705|agid:20991823025|tidla-189709680545|crid:85482631865|nw:g|rnd:6710787753630833731|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CL_BhoKw8c8CFQkq0wodxSkPtw


WOW....
The girl is pre-teen or teen.
e.g. the sister at Dexter's laboratory; Dee Dee

The artist is intimidated by the project. (Time/effort) so I need the art to be in her wheelhouse (comic) or this free fun print-n-play will not exist.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D M
United States
Playa Del Rey
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Idea pump priming: what is the potential--or potential danger--of symbiosis, or at least greater costs (both direct and opportunity) for actions against the parasite(s?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mosker wrote:
Idea pump priming: what is the potential--or potential danger--of symbiosis, or at least greater costs (both direct and opportunity) for actions against the parasite(s?)

Pump Priming sounds odd... but your definition sounds awesome!

I plan to have this be a print-n-play.
Check out the cover!
I will color it


So since we named the girl What does the U stand for in UBORED?
I don't want it on the nose (you)
I was gonna name the girl U something... Maybe now the U has to do with the science or medical or the drill itself. UberDrill-329er

What color is her outfit?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW the new artist is on the job. The worm is looking good.
Pretty yucky.... I wonder is anyone would love this guy?

I see a little Jaba DNA in there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're a "worm hunter" inside a parasite, why would you need to cut through bone? Worms don't have bones.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange. I like the "crude" style more than the "cute" one. Maybe because the latter seems more generic (to me), and any 15-year old girl who would do this sort of thing would have to be a little nuts in the head. The "oblivious" look to the parasite works better (for me).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jbrecken wrote:
If you're a "worm hunter" inside a parasite, why would you need to cut through bone? Worms don't have bones.

Yeah... Unless this is a unique worm you are right. What should I do? IS it not a worm ... The artist might make it bone but we could change the name of it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it! Reminds me a bit of Disneyland's old "Adventure Thru Inner Space"... But "Fantastic Voyage" is probably closer to the mark.

I think worms only have muscle, which may be different to cut through than fiber?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokrug wrote:
I like it! Reminds me a bit of Disneyland's old "Adventure Thru Inner Space"... But "Fantastic Voyage" is probably closer to the mark.

I think worms only have muscle, which may be different to cut through than fiber?



OH MAN!!! Maybe that is what I was thinking of? You just brought back fond memories! I remember an ear wax scene.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MUCUS - TOTALLY GROSS!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting the art going... will compile the images.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aVoidGames wrote:
jbrecken wrote:
If you're a "worm hunter" inside a parasite, why would you need to cut through bone? Worms don't have bones.

Yeah... Unless this is a unique worm you are right. What should I do? IS it not a worm ... The artist might make it bone but we could change the name of it.


You could say the worm has some kind of shell or carapace and go with a chitin cutter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jbrecken wrote:
aVoidGames wrote:
jbrecken wrote:
If you're a "worm hunter" inside a parasite, why would you need to cut through bone? Worms don't have bones.

Yeah... Unless this is a unique worm you are right. What should I do? IS it not a worm ... The artist might make it bone but we could change the name of it.


You could say the worm has some kind of shell or carapace and go with a chitin cutter.

Agreed.. thanks.
The Worm has parasites so I might need it to be a fictional structure. the gems inside it are fiction.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Last 2 minutes are not good...
the first 3 minutes are worth watching
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GROSS
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.