Hide
21 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: I have so many cards, how do you box this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trev C
msg tools
Hi there! I have every box/expansion except for Fear Itself, CA 75th, and SW vol 2.

I have a ton of cards and I just can't justify getting anymore until I can figure out how to fit them into a single box.

What do you do? Is there anything you can recommend for all these cards? Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
You will get a dozen different answers. The EASIEST thing to do would be to go to your local comic/game shop and buy one of the big white cardboard boxes that hold cards. Probably cost you around 8 bucks.

I have mine in the Villains, SW1, SW2, and Civil War boxes. Carry them all in a big duffel bag. A 75 pound duffel bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jarome
United States
Niles
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think using a single box went out the window a few expansions ago. I have the vast majority of my heroes in the main box, with a little spillover to the Villains box along with all the villains and schemes. It mostly works...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is a two box solution OK?

Heroes in base set box. Ditch the insert, rip two pieces of thin cardboard---think the "boards" part of comic book "bags and boards"---and use the foam dividers to place them appropriate distances from the edges.

Villains, Masterminds, Schemes, Shards, Bystanders, Twists, and Strikes in Civil War big box expansion box.

TL;DR: Runnestrand is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trev C
msg tools
Aw, okay. Right now I have heroes and stuff in the Secret Wars vol 1 box and the villains and stuff in the Dark City Box.

It's working for now but 1 or 2 more expansions and it won't work anymore. Getting a big cardboard box is possible, i thought about that. Otherwise, I might just use a third box :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have mine split between the Core box, the Villains box, and the Civil War expansion box. Inserts keeps it all nice and organized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are all in the Core, SWv2 and Civil War boxes here....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with my own scalable storage system that I now offer on my Etsy shop. "One box to rule them all" won't really work on games like Legendary or Dominion where the expansions just keep coming. My boxes stack neatly and securely for easy storage or transportation. And I can customize them for you, too. https://www.etsy.com/listing/271793084/the-nerd-box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Cross
United States
California
flag msg tools
My method isn't always practical for everyone, but I have every expansion except Civil War, and I keep all of my heroes and villains in the Dark City and Secret Wars, Vol. 1 boxes. The Masterminds, Schemes, SHIELD cards and whatnot all stay in the box for the core game. I randomize and prepare my games before I leave my house, placing only the heroes and villains we'll be needing in the core box with the other main cards.

If I think we might play an extra, I simply take all three boxes. Those three boxes isn't too much to carry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGorman
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1 e-raptor TCG big box

my customs live in the villains and core box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything in Villains, SWI and CW boxes. I dream of one day having a more elegant solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Hughes
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the broken token inserts for villains and the core box and have all the villians and schemes and such in villians in that box and the heros in core. I seem to have a lot of room for expansions so that is nice. Also look up the divders on the site. They are a godsend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
You will get a dozen different answers. The EASIEST thing to do would be to go to your local comic/game shop and buy one of the big white cardboard boxes that hold cards. Probably cost you around 8 bucks.

I have two of these, stuffed to capacity, with everything Legendary Marvel, Alien, and Predator (no BTiLC), sleeved. No room for much else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
(New here! Been lurking for awhile.)

Just chiming in to ask about the Artist's Supply Sketch Box from Hobby Lobby? I think I've seen it mentioned before ... how many cards does it hold? Is it not enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Plano adjustable deep compartmentalized clear boxes. I started using them for all of my Memoir '44 expansions, and then figured out that you can store cards in them also. They are sturdy and inexpensive at Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Any particular size you recommend from those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
snowthelostgirl wrote:
(New here! Been lurking for awhile.)

Just chiming in to ask about the Artist's Supply Sketch Box from Hobby Lobby? I think I've seen it mentioned before ... how many cards does it hold? Is it not enough?

If you have everything, and sleeve it all, youll probably need a 2nd box, or at the very least, the Base Box to go with 1 Artists Supply Case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor7 wrote:
I have a ton of cards and I just can't justify getting anymore until I can figure out how to fit them into a single box.

I wouldn't want just one box for everything even if there were a way to do it. Too heavy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Trevor7 wrote:

I wouldn't want just one box for everything even if there were a way to do it. Too heavy!

That's my feeling as well. If you own all the expansions and you use sleeves of average thickness, we're way past the days of "one box to hold them all" being practical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deeds
msg tools
mbmbmb
I managed to get envy card from every exp to include the 3D and villains stuff and even the f4 set in 1 hobby lobby artist case with the broken token vertical card insert. All the cards are sleeved with penny sleeves and I have laminated card stock dividers as well. Everything fits great but there are 2 problems. First, after adding the deadpool exp I'm going to need another box for the next expansions and second, that box is heavy. I store in on a higher shelf just so I don't throw my back out lifting it. I have not reinforced the handle on the box yet but I'm working on it because the last thing I want is that box to drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Örn Guðmundsson
Iceland
Reykjavík
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
mbmb
I use custom dividers from the file section (had that printed out for me).

I keep all of the Masterminds, Villains, Henchmen and Scheme plots (everything that needs to be decided for setup) in the Villains box.

I keep all of the heroes in the two Secret Wars boxes.

I keep all of the core cards (S.H.I.E.L.D agents, officers, wounds, bystanders and such) in the base box. I keep the base box on the table and get cards straight from the box instead of setting up the stacks on the table.
This reduces the setup and tear-down time.

I have all of the expansions except for the out of print one and still have some room for more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.