Subject: Playing Command Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jody Simpson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
1. When playing a card of the same element, is it required that you go up a level? IE: You have level 2 Ripsaw, can you play Skewer on top and have it be level 2?

2. Similar to #1, can you override with the same element? IE: Level 3 Ripsaw and override the whole stack with Skewer and have it be level 1.

I'm guessing the answer is no to both of these but I wanted to check. For turning and attack cards, I can't ever see why you'd want to do this. But movement cards can get a little tricky at level 3 so I can see cases you'd want to downgrade levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neenrules wrote:
1. When playing a card of the same element, is it required that you go up a level? IE: You have level 2 Ripsaw, can you play Skewer on top and have it be level 2?

No, if you play it on top, it would be level 3.

Quote:

2. Similar to #1, can you override with the same element? IE: Level 3 Ripsaw and override the whole stack with Skewer and have it be level 1.

I'm not sure about this one... I would think no, but Riot would have to chime in here.

Quote:

I'm guessing the answer is no to both of these but I wanted to check. For turning and attack cards, I can't ever see why you'd want to do this. But movement cards can get a little tricky at level 3 so I can see cases you'd want to downgrade levels.

Yup, flexibility makes things easier, good questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can discard the whole stack, and replace it with a new card.
With a 3 card stack, you must discard them all to place a new card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
neenrules wrote:

If it is the same stack, yes, it is required. The only exception to this is when you already have a 3 stack, you can still add it to the top, but you discard the bottom card so the stack remains at 3.

neenrules wrote:

Nope, it would have to be a level 3 Skewer in this instance (and you would discard the bottom card).

You can always replace the stack with a movement of a different type, though. That should accomplish what you're trying to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.