Battlestar Galactica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Helena Cain commit suicide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Sequeira
msg tools
Hi everyone

TLDR

If Cain is sent to the brig with a 10+ skillcheck can she choose to kill herself instead of being sent there?

And the story of why it popped up:

Yesterday I was playing as Cain, I was a human, 1 cylon was revealed and for some weird reasons the other humans were pretty sure I wa a cylon.

Another player used his once per game to look at both my loyalty cards, and implied that I was a cylon, I knew he was the cylon, and that I was screwed.

Despite my best efforts the next player sent me to the brig, and the check was 10+, I knew the only way for the cylons to win was for me to get out of the brig and for us to deal with the 2nd cylon.

It was obvious they wouldnt trust me, so I figured out i could kill myself, revealing myself as a human and getting everyone 100% sure the player that saw my cards was the cylon.

Next turn I came back as the girl that can assassinate once per game and dealt with the cylon.

Humans still lost ^^

We couldnt find it in a faq, and almost decided to go with a coin toos, but then we found a native english speaker to look at the text, he was pretty sure it made sense (even though he never played the game eheh)

one of the players was a bit pissed because it didnt make thematic sense, but I thought it was ok since there are examples of people commiting suicide for the greater good, which was the case there ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording of Intolerant allows it to be used for "that character" without restrictions. So, Cain can use it on herself.

(Note that depending on what rules you use, you may lose once-per-game / miracle token in an execution.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
Songok wrote:
Hi everyone

TLDR

If Cain is sent to the brig with a 10+ skillcheck can she choose to kill herself instead of being sent there?

And the story of why it popped up:

Yesterday I was playing as Cain, I was a human, 1 cylon was revealed and for some weird reasons the other humans were pretty sure I wa a cylon.

Another player used his once per game to look at both my loyalty cards, and implied that I was a cylon, I knew he was the cylon, and that I was screwed.

Despite my best efforts the next player sent me to the brig, and the check was 10+, I knew the only way for the cylons to win was for me to get out of the brig and for us to deal with the 2nd cylon.

It was obvious they wouldnt trust me, so I figured out i could kill myself, revealing myself as a human and getting everyone 100% sure the player that saw my cards was the cylon.

Next turn I came back as the girl that can assassinate once per game and dealt with the cylon.

Humans still lost ^^

We couldnt find it in a faq, and almost decided to go with a coin toos, but then we found a native english speaker to look at the text, he was pretty sure it made sense (even though he never played the game eheh)

one of the players was a bit pissed because it didnt make thematic sense, but I thought it was ok since there are examples of people commiting suicide for the greater good, which was the case there ^^

Something similar happened to me, but I couldn't kill myself ( it never seemed an option) and the cylons won.

It pissed me off beyond belief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a he-said;she-said Cylon accusation, my inclination is to lock them both up (unless we're heading for Ionian Nebula) in the absence of strong evidence either way.

As for Cain's elaborate suicide, she strikes me as the type to insist on execution rather than imprisonment when there's such a strong sentiment against her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Cain's OPT only makes sense in the context of New Caprica. She probably wants to root out/execute Cylons before reaching New Caprica or else she becomes the primary execution target as the Admiral player.

Doesn't quite pan out though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.