RONE» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markos Mytilinakis
Greece
Crete
flag msg tools
I recently purchased RONE from Essen and finally I was able to play. It is a very well designed card game.

Q1: if a tactic card says "refresh target card 2 times" is it valid to target a card that is exhausted only 1 time?

Q2: when I decide to play a technology card, can I look at all 5 carda and decide which to play or I have to choose the top card?

I believe the answer to Q1 is "no" but I have to ask...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Štefaník
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Q1: Yes, you can refresh card that is only 1-time exhausted with effect that refresh it 2-times. The 1 refresh is just ignored, because the card can't be refreshed more.

Q2: You can choose any available technology to play, so you can look at them an play them in any order, but you could have only 3 technologies at the same time in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markos Mytilinakis
Greece
Crete
flag msg tools
Thank you Stepan for your reply.

I suggest (for future reference) that you write in a card "refresh a card UP TO 2 times" in order to avoid such misunderstandings because while reading the rulebook I thought that a card must always resolve what is written on it, exactly as it says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markos Mytilinakis
Greece
Crete
flag msg tools
Q3: an invisible unit ignores guardians and defenders or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Štefaník
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Q3: Good point and it is not clearly set in the rulebook we will improve it in the next rulebook we release. It is written in the "Guardian" section, becuase if the opponents unit is invisible you can't attack them so the basic condition for being guardian is not met.

Anyways, you are right, the invisible units can attack anything they want even the opponent has guardians or defenders, until he does not have detector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markos Mytilinakis
Greece
Crete
flag msg tools
I have another question regarding invisibility.

Q4: If I have a detector and an invisible unit on the battlefield, does my invisible unit loses invisibility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Štefaník
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Regarding to the rules: The unit still has this ability but you can start to target it (it means you finally see it).

So if you have an invisible unit and a detector at the same time on the battlefield you can target your (or opponent's) invisible units with your effects (e.g. add bonuses, health, refresh it, exhaust it etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.