Popular Tags: [View All]
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we opened box for the entry 250 tonight, and the veteran stickers were inside. But zero information or rules on how to implement them. Nothing at all. In fact I can't find anything searching on this forum either, or plaid hat, so I'm not really sure what to do with them.

Veteran stickers, how do we use them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably you wait and sooner or later something will tell you to use them. Are you impatient?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are needed later in the game, but possible before the next chest will be opened, so they are in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Presumably you wait and sooner or later something will tell you to use them. Are you impatient?

Obviously. Also in a legacy game where so far every item in each box we've opened has had an explanation up until this sheet of stickers. I was just making sure I had not missed anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two additional questions about this entry and the box it unlocks:

1) The box contains new buildings and ship upgrades, but Entry 250 doesn't instruct us to add them in yet. Is this deliberate (because a future rule will add them in) or an oversight? I seem to recall a specific instruction to add in the previously unlocked buildings and upgrades...

2) Right now, the person who discovered Patmos person gets glory for the explore endeavor (1 glory) and for completing the Milestone (2 glory). Does thIs player also get the glory shown in the inset space on the board (like they would for discovering a regular island)? Argument in favor: that's what you do for discovering regular islands. Argument against: the only rule that actually awards you that glory is printed in the Captain's Book entry you read when you find the island, and there's no such instruction in Entry 250.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaël Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Archonyx wrote:

1) The box contains new buildings and ship upgrades, but Entry 250 doesn't instruct us to add them in yet. Is this deliberate (because a future rule will add them in) or an oversight? I seem to recall a specific instruction to add in the previously unlocked buildings and upgrades...

Pretty sure you should directly add them in. Nothing so far told us to add them in, I'm pretty sure it's an oversight.

Quote:

2) Right now, the person who discovered Patmos person gets glory for the explore endeavor (1 glory) and for completing the Milestone (2 glory). Does thIs player also get the glory shown in the inset space on the board (like they would for discovering a regular island)? Argument in favor: that's what you do for discovering regular islands. Argument against: the only rule that actually awards you that glory is printed in the Captain's Book entry you read when you find the island, and there's no such instruction in Entry 250.

I'm unsure. Would love to hear JR or Rob on this !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leveille
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Get your game on!
badge
You know you want to play with purple, don't you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love for someone who has finished the game to answer this question:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Is there a game condition that allows you to use the veteran stickers, such as defeating Ker? We've opened most of the boxes at this point, and reached the stage where someone could add the sixth box to one of their ships. I don't even want to know the condition, just that it exists, and it's not simply something you do at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Addington
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's very clear when you are supposed to use the veteran stickers. There are captains booke entries for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Albert
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smilingra wrote:
I'd love for someone who has finished the game to answer this question:
Is there a game condition that allows you to use the veteran stickers, such as defeating Ker? We've opened most of the boxes at this point, and reached the stage where someone could add the sixth box to one of their ships. I don't even want to know the condition, just that it exists, and it's not simply something you do at the end of the game.

If you want to know specifically...
The new research cards in this box contain some charts that when you combine both halves.... you will see how veteran stickers enter the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leveille
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Get your game on!
badge
You know you want to play with purple, don't you?
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaddington wrote:
It's very clear when you are supposed to use the veteran stickers. There are captains booke entries for them.

Thanks for answering!

spriggster wrote:
If you want to know specifically...

Thanks for the use of spoiler tags. Looking forward to finding this out on our own!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas FAIVRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archonyx wrote:

We unlock box 4 tonight and we have exactly the same questions, especialy Question 2

Any official answer for this one ? In our game we play it without the glory on the inset space (and i would prefer to earn them as I'm the one who discovered the island). With 3 glory points more, the game would be over so it would change a lot....thanks for your replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official answer is yes, you get the glory "it's a big deal." (From JR Honeycutt)

As far as the extra buildings and upgrades, we added them right away. I think it's just an oversight, but either way, I don't think it will affect your campaign overly much (there is no future instruction, but they'd be added as part of the next game's setup otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.