flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule book, page 23 wrote:
Warehouse and stable: The player may exchange a donkey
from the revenue board for the right to move two harvest
goods from the warehouse or animals from the stable once
per scoring phase.

German rule book, page 24 wrote:
…, um zwei Entegüter aus dem Lager und/oder Tier aus dem Stall…

I'd interpret this as follows:

- you may mix and match between staple and warehouse, i.e. use one corn and a pig, but to a max of 2 total.
- you may not use two from the warehouse and two from the stable (this is what the German translation might imply).

Correct?

Second question:
The iconography on the helper shows the arrow pointing towards long-distance trades and market barrows only. Am I allowed to use the goods for getting helpers?

Third question:
The text explicitly states that you have to use "a donkey from the revenue" board. So it's not allowed to use a donkey I gained otherwise, e.g. from the "Siesta or Work" helper that let's me convert a hat to a donkey once during a turn?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interpretation: The first one is correct.

Question 2: Yes.
Qeustion 3: Not allowed, yes. Yes, that would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:

Qeustion 3: Not allowed, yes.

I still don't understand this answer. The rules for the "Siesta or Work" helper state, "The player may use a donkey as a hat or a hat as a donkey once per scoring phase."

Let's assume I have a "Siesta or Work" helper in the following example:

During the dice rolling phase I take a hat dice, a grape dice, and a pig dice. During the scoring phase I place my grapes and pig in the warehouse and stable. Rather than use the hat to advance up the siesta track I decide to convert the hat to a donkey using the "Siesta or Work" helper. I slide the revenue disk from the hat location to the donkey location. Now I have a donkey to use however I would like following the normal rules of the game. The donkey could be used in the market or it could be added to the stable or if I had the "Warehouse and Stable" helper I could use the donkey to move to goods or animals from the warehouse or stables to another location on my scoring sheet.

I guess what I'm getting at is once I use the "Siesta or Work" helper and convert the hat to a donkey can't I use the donkey however I want? If not, what are the limitations for using the donkey?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MCP Style wrote:
bayerbube wrote:

Qeustion 3: Not allowed, yes.

I still don't understand this answer. The rules for the "Siesta or Work" helper state, "The player may use a donkey as a hat or a hat as a donkey once per scoring phase."

Let's assume I have a "Siesta or Work" helper in the following example:

During the dice rolling phase I take a hat dice, a grape dice, and a pig dice. During the scoring phase I place my grapes and pig in the warehouse and stable. Rather than use the hat to advance up the siesta track I decide to convert the hat to a donkey using the "Siesta or Work" helper. I slide the revenue disk from the hat location to the donkey location. Now I have a donkey to use however I would like following the normal rules of the game. The donkey could be used in the market or it could be added to the stable or if I had the "Warehouse and Stable" helper I could use the donkey to move to goods or animals from the warehouse or stables to another location on my scoring sheet.

I guess what I'm getting at is once I use the "Siesta or Work" helper and convert the hat to a donkey can't I use the donkey however I want? If not, what are the limitations for using the donkey?

My apologies. I guess I mixed something up... That is a great example. You can do that.

However you cannot use a donkey from a roof tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification.

Another question regarding the "Warehouse and Stable" helper.

Assume my warehouse looks like this and that I have three of each good:

Olive: X X X
Grain: X X X
Grape: X X X

Then I use the "Warehouse and Stable" helper to move two grapes into the market. I circle the grapes so my warehouse now looks like this:

Grape: X O O

If I add grapes in the future to my warehouse they will fill in the next open spots to the right of the ones I circled. So assuming I added two grapes the warehouse would now look like this:

Grape: X O O X X

Is this example correct? Also, if the game ended right now I would only get one point for the warehouse correct?

Thanks for the help! My family loves this game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You assumed all correctly.

Except for I don't know which market you want to deliver the grapes to. But I guess you mixed words up here. The market is the tableau, where you mark you addditional VP conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:

Except for I don't know which market you want to deliver the grapes to. But I guess you mixed words up here. The market is the tableau, where you mark you addditional VP conditions.

I meant to say cart.

Sorry for the confusion. We switch the wording around during play since you're loading the cart to take goods to the market so we sometimes just say, "I'm taking these grapes to the market" which is true but you're actually loading them in your cart first and then eventually to the market.

Thanks for the response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MCP Style wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. We switch the wording around during play since you're loading the cart to take goods to the market so we sometimes just say, "I'm taking these grapes to the market" which is true but you're actually loading them in your cart first and then eventually to the market.

Well, that makes sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.