Adam Pogatshnik
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not sure if the Unfulfilled Demand rule is supposed to trigger off of weapon level decrease, specifically when fighting monsters.

For example, lets say I am foolhardy and unlucky enough to try Hunting with a weapon level of 0, and run into a Gorilla. How much damage do I take?

A) I take 6 damage. Gorilla's strength= 6, Weapon level 0, 6 damage.
B) I take 9 damage. Gorilla's strength = 6, Weapon level 0, and 3 more damage for not being able to decrease the weapon level by 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hagen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO When your Weapon is 0, you can not decrease it, so you don't lose health. Weapon level operates like morale does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lugielord wrote:
IMO When your Weapon is 0, you can not decrease it, so you don't lose health. Weapon level operates like morale does.

If I understand correctly, this post disagrees: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23970019#23970019

"... you would take another wound for not being able to lower the weapon level. The Golden Rule of RC is that you always pay by taking wounds if you cannot satisfy a cost the normal way."

A ruling would be good of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I might remember wrong (it's been a while since I played) but for the unfulfilled demand damage I recall all players take the wound so in your case the action leader (the one with the pawn on the top for the hunt action) would take 6 damages and then everyone would take 3 damages for not being able to lower the weapon level.

I'd need to check to make sure though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you'd take 9 damage. Hunting without weapons is a really bad idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new English rulebook page 16:

"The actual Weapon level (on the board, not counting the temporary
increase) is reduced by the indicated value. If this is not possible, the
resolving character suffers 1 wound for each missing level of Weapon
level..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny how there are still a hunderd opinions for rulings for this game ^_^
Though, Byron and AJ are of course correct.
Morale is the only exception to the unfulfilled demand rule. Weapon level is not. So you (as the player who took the hunting action) gets 9 wounds from this fight. pretty nasty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, if I came across a gorilla and fought it with my bare hands, I'd expect to take more than 9 wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.