Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dennis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Romans against 3 bots and I have a question on the quarters phase of winter. Are the various Gallic factions under any obligation to vacate an area they have no control over (once all is sorted and they end up occupying an enemy controlled area such as a lone Averni in a Roman space)? The rules indicate "May" for devastated areas but is it the same for undevastated areas?

Related: when an area is "no control" does everyone vacate (aside from a Roman piece per ally/fort/paid "rent"?)

Related 2: does anyone have a link to a video which goes through some of the finer points of the bots and the various "march to spread"/"march under threat" etc options? Love the game but going back to the rules, flowcharts and other charts during play makes it take a LONG time and kills the flow for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Coffeedemon wrote:
Playing Romans against 3 bots and I have a question on the quarters phase of winter. Are the various Gallic factions under any obligation to vacate an area they have no control over

No. Quite the opposite: both the Arverni and the Belgae bots have explicit instructions to leave at least 1 Warband in each non-Devastated Region they currently occupy, even when they don't Control it.

Quote:
The rules indicate "May" for devastated areas but is it the same for undevastated areas?

I can't find any Falling Sky rule or bot instruction saying that. Can you give exact references?

Quote:
Related: when an area is "no control" does everyone vacate (aside from a Roman piece per ally/fort/paid "rent"?)

Only if it is Devastated.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dennis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it is my fault for using the winter checklist and not reading all the explicit non player rules at the end of the rulebook. Now back to sort out the mistakes!

Thanks for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Switzerland
Berg (Daegerlen)
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about relocation of the Gauls,6.3.2: May the scouted Warbands also move or do they have to stay put?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They may move.

(I'm curious, though: what made you think that being Scouted might prevent relocating during the Quarters Phase?)

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.