Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are units able to cross rivers at locations other than bridges?

I understand that units have to stop when they enter a river hex. My question is, on the next turn can they exit the river hex on the other side? Eg: is every river hex treated as a ford...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Kenny Dorham || Trompeta Toccata || Whistle Stop || Una Mas
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tylergingrich wrote:
Are units able to cross rivers at locations other than bridges?

I understand that units have to stop when they enter a river hex. My question is, on the next turn can they exit the river hex on the other side? Eg: is every river hex treated as a ford...

Yes, if you stop on a waterway hex you can move in any direction you choose on the following turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the caveat that it depends on the scenario. Antietam and Fredricksburg, for example, units can only cross at the bridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Kenny Dorham || Trompeta Toccata || Whistle Stop || Una Mas
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NimitsTexan wrote:
With the caveat that it depends on the scenario. Antietam and Fredricksburg, for example, units can only cross at the bridge.

Both of those battles have Special Rules overriding the standard rules. Obviously you need to pay attention to whatever Special Rules are in effect for the scenario you are playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.