$5.00
$15.00
Ron
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is keeping the cards in binders in the box okay for the health of the cards?

1. Do they fall out of the binder while in the box or otherwise become susceptible to bending?

2. Does the lid close?

3. Drawbacks, if any?

I'd like to know if it's a kosher method of storing the game. My cards are sleeved if it matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems at all with the deluxe set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the deluxe I had to toss the insert for it to contains the binders with sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I tossed the box and replaced it with a plastic one. But before I did that, the binders with unsleeved cards did fit.

I added additional card binders from Mage Wars for the neutral heroes; they don't have a dedicated space. With those additional binders, the box was too small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolò Ricchio
Italy
flag msg tools
you may want some cover for the chits-containing holes, because the box sometimes doesn't close tightly enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Domon wrote:
you may want some cover for the chits-containing holes, because the box sometimes doesn't close tightly enough.

Always cover your chit holes. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly an ideal solution but this is what I'm doing for now. Core box holds the 2 boards, tokens (in bags), rulebook, and all the cards are inside of binder sheets. I carry 2 loose 1/2" Avery binders that I can quickly just stick in the binder pages for whatever matchup is being played.

I originally tried to put the Codex binders I made into the Core box, all starter decks into the Starter box, and all Tokens into the Flagstone vs Scourge expansion box. It mostly worked but the Core box won't fit the next two binders with cards once the last expansion comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also found that the lid would not close with the binders fully loaded. So I took out the heroes and starter deck and put them in the slots which I assume is for Bashing/Finesse/Tokens and then the list closed OK. Not quite flush with the bottom, but acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.