tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Late October, Early November is the best you're going to get at the moment. FFG doesn't typically give exact street dates. Though the word of mouth from FFG staff and some webstore sites supports the afformentioned theory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Oytoyt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I ordered my copy through ozgameshop.com and they are showing an expected release date of 28 Oct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not today.

No, wait. That's what we say to Death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard through the twitter vine that it will be early November. That was last week and from FFG. it COULD have changed but as far as I can tell its still on the boat, so who knows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the thing about questions like this in regard to highly anticipated games - and don't take this as negative, it's text so read it lightheartedly - if you don't know the date, it doesn't exist yet. If it did, it would already be in another post. Probably two or three. Someone would post it in News with the title "OMG THE GAME IS SHIPPING CAN U BELEIF IT?!?!?!" or in General with "Updated to Shipping, should be soon". Alternatively, someone would post the release date.

The simple fact is that there are people who watch for this far more carefully than you or I and you can bet your britches the info would be posted within seconds of it becoming available.

TLDR: If you have to ask "any news on the official release date?" then there's no news on the official release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably still trying to dock in China
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Here's the thing about questions like this in regard to highly anticipated games - and don't take this as negative, it's text so read it lightheartedly - if you don't know the date, it doesn't exist yet. If it did, it would already be in another post. Probably two or three. Someone would post it in News with the title "OMG THE GAME IS SHIPPING CAN U BELEIF IT?!?!?!" or in General with "Updated to Shipping, should be soon". Alternatively, someone would post the release date.

The simple fact is that there are people who watch for this far more carefully than you or I and you can bet your britches the info would be posted within seconds of it becoming available.

TLDR: If you have to ask "any news on the official release date?" then there's no news on the official release date.

What about The Dunwich Legacy? Do we have a date for that? Also, wben can I order Curse of the Rougarou?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebb Carrier
United States
Georgetown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The site I pre-ordered Dunwich from had a release date of Dec 31. How accurate that is I have no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Auyard wrote:
The site I pre-ordered Dunwich from had a release date of Dec 31. How accurate that is I have no idea.

It's not very accurate. I see this alot. What it means is that they expect to have it in December (which is always subject to change). They use the last day of the month as a sort of place holder date. It could even mean they expect it in 2016 and this is the last day. Dec 31 is a Saturday, we know that's not going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J N
msg tools
They put so much effort into marketing, and then you have to stalk the internet for weeks to get a release date... I'll never understand this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

What about The Dunwich Legacy? Do we have a date for that? Also, wben can I order Curse of the Rougarou?

Dunwich is looking like December and Curse will probably not be available for a year as its product code falls after the Dunwich cycle.

Casey080 wrote:
They put so much effort into marketing, and then you have to stalk the internet for weeks to get a release date... I'll never understand this.

They used to give exact release dates, but people would throw a fit if they missed their target, so they don't do that anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Casey080 wrote:

Because the only way to have a concrete release date would be to at one point have tons of boxes sitting in a warehouse for some indefinite time waiting to be shipped out to stores on the arbitrary date planned weeks earlier. Which doesn't have any real advantage over shipping it out as soon as it's manufactured and ready to go. This isn't a planned thing like Mansions of Madness was, so any date they give would just be an estimate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Fallen wrote:
roborob wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

Dunwich is looking like December and Curse will probably not be available for a year as its product code falls after the Dunwich

That's a very interesting bit of info. Could you post the product code for CotR. If it falls directly after Dunwich cycle it shoud be numbered 09 . Is that the case ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Product code doesn't denote release order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

While that is all technically correct (the best kind of correct), this forum has quite a few people that have either played a demo or are apparently playing the full version of the game via Table Top Simulator. Add in the few threads on people discussing strategy and already creating rule variants or asking questions about the rules, and you could be confused as to what's actually happening with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Venable
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
admin
Literally, "Game Voice." I am a voice actor for video games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have some , Donny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I called my FLGS they said that they were told it will be released October 28th which means they should get it in their shipment on the 27th. As I understand it though, that date may only apply to physical stores. It is my understanding that the online release might be a couple days after that (hence the early November reports).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I will note that I just called to check again and they said FFG doesn't do release dates (only month) so that is just when their last shipment of the month comes in. It might not be available until later for all they know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, the FFG upcoming release status website ( https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/) still has it listed as "On the Boat". Usually they will change it to "Shipping Now" 1 or 2 weeks before release. This site is not 100% reliable, so I suppose there exists a chance it will be out this week, but I would be surprised. It would be a pretty nice surprise though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
FWIW, the FFG upcoming release status website ( https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/) still has it listed as "On the Boat". Usually they will change it to "Shipping Now" 1 or 2 weeks before release. This site is not 100% reliable, so I suppose there exists a chance it will be out this week, but I would be surprised. It would be a pretty nice surprise though!

Yeah - every now and again though it is less than the 1-2 weeks of shipping time. It's as though they want to toy with us and our desires to get our grubby little hands on their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
Donkler wrote:

Yeah - every now and again though it is less than the 1-2 weeks of shipping time. It's as though they want to toy with us and our desires to get our grubby little hands on their games.

The one time I saw this occur was with Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition. They really wanted this as big news for Gen Con, but it was weeks away from being in stores when it was officially announced.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spoke with the game buyer at my local game store. He checked and told me the street date is November 10th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.