$30.00
Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Hi guys,

We just beat henchman Ursathella at a location...it has this text:

"If defeated, you may discard a card from the blessings deck to immediately attempt to close the location this henchman came from."

But why is this text here? We beat the Henchman so don't we automatically get to attempt to close it? No need to discard a blessings card, right?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom +3.

Ben (and Abby)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bendbuddy wrote:
Hi guys,

We just beat henchman Ursathella at a location...it has this text:

"If defeated, you may discard a card from the blessings deck to immediately attempt to close the location this henchman came from."

But why is this text here? We beat the Henchman so don't we automatically get to attempt to close it? No need to discard a blessings card, right?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom +3.

Ben (and Abby)

Do what the card says. If you want to close the location you need to discard a blessing from the blessings deck. The text is there to make the game harder I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defeating a henchman does not automatically allow you to close the location. You only get a chance to close if the henchman specifically allows you to.
For an example, look at the Tangle Trap from the base set. It does not allow you to close the location when you defeat it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Yep! Makes sense...we were totally making an incorrect assumption. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Totally - thanks for that example. Very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the way back in the scenario "Here Comes the Flood," from Rise of the Runelords, the Nightbelly Boa henchmen didn't let you try to close the location they were in after defeating them. Also, going forward, there are some henchmen that say "If defeated, you may close the location the henchman came from." So no attempt, just close, if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.