5 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lord of Hammers at the end of an Age rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Wheeler
msg tools
"Lord of Hammers:
If you successfully pillage with your leader, you may move him to an adjacent province."

"The action phase immediately ends when... all of the provinces that are not yet destroyed are successfully pillaged"

So, does a player get their free movement after pillaging if that pillage would end the action phase? This question potentially cost one of our players 20 points (in Quests) at the end of a game.

We decided that since it "immediately" ends the action phase he could not move. Our player argued that the movement is part of the pillage action, and he should be able to move before proceeding to the discard phase.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely feel the move should be allowed. The other interpretation is just rules lawyering of the worst kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would say yes. The point of card powers are to override the base rules. Part of this card would allow you to move the leader after the pillage is done, and then have the age end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toddpark75 wrote:
I would say yes. The point of card powers are to override the base rules. Part of this card would allow you to move the leader after the pillage is done, and then have the age end.

Exactly. Cards always trump rules. And that is in the rulebook somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wheeler
msg tools
Ok, right. This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Card text trumps rule book. Thanks, folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.