Mage Wars Academy» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Opening turns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micah Paroni
United States
California
flag msg tools
This is for Mage Wars Academy, not to be confused with Arena.

We've been having a lot of trouble trying to win with the Warlock, so I've been practicing him almost exclusively. We've discovered that a first turn Mhegeddon, 2nd turn Vampiress, 3rd turn Guard with Vampiress and then summon Sanguine and putting the 2 damage onto the Vampiress is pretty good, except against the Beastmaster running snakes. There is zero reason to put out Mhegeddon against a BM, as those snakes with Badger Frenzy will turn your closers into teddy bears.

I tried using Combustion Demons and Curse of Decay to deal with early snakes but even that took too long, especially when he uses the staff to heal them. I'm thinking the most economical solution is for the Warlock to pack 1 copy of Arcane Missles and hope for the best, but man that's 4 spell points in a game where deck building is already sardine-can tight. I know Siphon Life gets past their defense but that's 6 Mana to take out a 4-cost unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use Slumber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.