Subject: Inserts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
The trays look nice, but don't hold all the smaller pieces. What is the point? Couldn't this have not been planned better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
The trays are for holding and organizing resources for flipping, based on size/piece of the shape. It's not for holding all the pieces of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It holds all the tiles for goods perfectly. The rulebook shows you how to organize the trays to make it easy to find the tile that you need.

I honestly have know idea what your complaint is about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
United States
Barberton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - if I have a complaint about the trays it's that they're a little chintzy compared to a chessex or gmt or dvg counter tray - but they're perfect for their intended use - easy understanding of resource improvement and management.

They're not meant to be box inserts. Which is good... because they'd suck for that purpose. thats what the ubiquitous eurogame baggies are for, I assume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going off the picture in the images area here. It has different things in it than what the rulebook showed.

I will try that when I can get it out to play, though I may try to make some kind of foam core insert to better store things.

Thanks for the pointers. It is still a bit disappointing and I am not sure how everything will fit in the box, but at least I have a better thing to try than the image here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you replace the trays, just bear in mind the order is important. There are actually occupation card(s) that will say things like, you can trade in a resource tile for the resource tile to the diagonal upper-right in the tray, up to two times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
whoa, whoa, everybody calm down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
If you replace the trays, just bear in mind the order is important. There are actually occupation card(s) that will say things like, you can trade in a resource tile for the resource tile to the diagonal upper-right in the tray, up to two times.

Good catch! Didn't realize such cards existed, so I looked through the Appendix and found at least 88C and 66A.
If there is ever a new printing of the rules I think they should fix the text for 66A so it uses the same iconography as 88C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the goods fit into the inserts (sheep and cows in 2 different spaces each), and the trays can put back into the game box, everything fitting nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite like the trays, and I hope to see something similar in more games.
However, I don't really understand why they didn't just make a third tray for the rest of the stuff while they were at it. Sure, it's not necessary, but it would have been nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar Arnason
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The instructions have a text table for setting up the trays, and then images just below. They could have been a little clearer, but my eyesight is still alright. Going by that setup the Sheep+Cows overflow so I bagged them so the slots could be used for some of the silver.

I had an extra GMT tray around (or well badly utilised in a different game) so I re-purposed it for all the silver, ships, ore and extra tokens:

Even with the added tray, everything fits perfectly inside the box. Only the player pieces, trees and stone are bagged this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I need to read the instructions. I didn't find a "tray guide".

Without an instruction I managed to easily put everything in the trays, except for the grey special tiles (and wooden pieces *g*). However, they are really helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar Arnason
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rukus wrote:
I guess I need to read the instructions. I didn't find a "tray guide".

Without an instruction I managed to easily put everything in the trays, except for the grey special tiles (and wooden pieces *g*). However, they are really helpful.

Yeah, you really need to do the set up using the tray guide on page 4. I'm in the middle of my first solo game, and while I almost cursed that there was no upgrading goods visual guide (Upgrade goods by the same size, what the hell, am I just supposed to remember the color order?), I looked at the trays and saw that from bottom to top they are ordered by size in ascending value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
They really need a full size version of that table. Zooming in on the PDF rules leaves the tray layout very fuzzy.

I don't like the layout since the pieces are double sided. A piece could go in either of two locations, depending on how it is flipped. Pieces in trays will get flipped, so this will be quite confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar Arnason
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
They really need a full size version of that table. Zooming in on the PDF rules leaves the tray layout very fuzzy.

I don't like the layout since the pieces are double sided. A piece could go in either of two locations, depending on how it is flipped. Pieces in trays will get flipped, so this will be quite confusing.

Look at the text table above the image, it's the two trays side by side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:

That's not really a problem. Just keep in mind that all tiles in the lowest row are supposed to be orange, the ones in the row above are red, then green, and blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Angurvaki wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

Look at the text table above the image, it's the two trays side by side.

Mondkalb123 wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

That's not really a problem. Just remember that all tiles in the lowest row are supposed to be orange, the ones in the row above are red, then green, and blue.

It will be easy once I have played a bit, most likely, but it would still be nice to have a large image. I have it now.

I did put the extra cows and sheep upside down, below the others rather than using a separate bag. I will probably make a small black piece to put on top of the extras so they can be stored together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we are doing it here is to store away the extra sheeps and cows in a bag and using the location below the sheep for the 1 and 2 silver coins and the location below the cows for the 4 coin tiles...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
The trays look nice, but don't hold all the smaller pieces. What is the point? Couldn't this have not been planned better?
It holds all of the tiles for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

With the lids secured on top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
Sure enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:

The trays are great for organizing and storing the goods pieces as described in the rule book. The only overflow are the calfs and sheep which fit in the empty slots below them. The silver i store in separate denominations in these plastic quarter rolls https://www.amazon.com/BCW-Storage-Quarter-Tubes-Crystal/dp/... and they fit perfectly. The ships and penalty tiles fit in a small plastic container I got at staples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

Yeah. Some of the tiles are sideways (i.e. not just in a stack) but they all fit fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
andrews777 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

Yeah. Some of the tiles are sideways (i.e. not just in a stack) but they all fit fine.

You have better organization skills than I do in that case. I could not get everything in before I knew the expected arrangement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.