Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on Slash-and-Burn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt casey
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I made a post earlier elsewhere but I think part of it actually belonged here.

My girlfriend and I are somewhat puzzled over what happens exactly for the Slash-and-Burn action space and aren't in complete agreement on what the rules spell out. So you can place 2 grains and 2 veggies on four fields right? Buuut...can you place two of each on two fields? I believe my gf has been doing it that way and I'm not convinced that's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,
with the Slash-and-Burn action field you are allowed to sow up to two grains (on two different fields) and up to two veggies (on two different fields). You cannot sow two grains on the same field. Same for veggies. What new players sometimes forget: The fields you are sowing have to be completely empty.

So in other words: If you have two grains and two veggies in you supply you have to have 4 empty fields to do the max effect of the slash-and-burn action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and having read your other question, it's worth clarifying that you must already have the grains and veggies in your supply to be able to plant them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt casey
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Yes, and having read your other question, it's worth clarifying that you must already have the grains and veggies in your supply to be able to plant them.

Whoa that's slightly harder than I'd expected. So then is there a method to acquire a vegetable for seed other than with rubies in a two player config?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meech
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, you can obtain a vegetable through Adventuring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth reviewing the Sow rules:
Caverna Rules, page 14 wrote:
You can grow crops with the “Sow” action. To sow Grain, take 1 Grain from your personal supply and put it on an empty Field. Then take 2 Grain from the general supply and put them on top of your sown Grain.

Instead of Grain, you may sow Vegetables. Take 1 Vegetable from your personal supply and put it on an empty Field. Then put 1 Vegetable from the general supply on top of your sown Vegetable.

With a single “Sow” action, you can sow Grain and Vegetables up to 2 times each.

To sow, you take 1 Grain or 1 Vegetable from your personal supply. If you don't have one, you can't sow.

And it's only 1, not 2. The sow action may let you sow multiple times, but it's one item from your supply each time.

To sow, you put the item on an empty Field. After that, the field is no longer empty. Even if you can sow again right away, you can't do it on that Field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.