Hide
6 Posts

Nyet!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are trump 1s also supertrumps? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
The rules say "regardless of its original color,Supertrump becomes the same color as Trump in thetrick phase".
Does that mean all trump 1s and super trumps are the same?
For example. if blue is the trump-color and green is the super trump-color, does a blue 1 played after a green 1 beat it?

By the way, when you have to discard cards, do you dicard them face-down?
The rules I have (iello edition) don't mention that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro Kokon wrote:
The rules say "regardless of its original color,Supertrump becomes the same color as Trump in thetrick phase".
Does that mean all trump 1s and super trumps are the same?
Definitely not!
It just means that:
1. If you have to play a trump card and you don't have any, you have to play a Supertrump if you have one.
2. If you have to play a trump card and you have some, you can still play a Supertrump.
3. If you have to play a card of the color of the Supertrump and you have only 1s in this color, you don't have to play a Supertrump.
4. If you have to play a card of the color of the Supertrump and you have some other than 1s, you have to play them (and not the Supertrump).

Supertrumps are still higher than any other cards, and regular trump 1s are still the lowest trump in the game.

Kuro Kokon wrote:
By the way, when you have to discard cards, do you dicard them face-down?
Yes: cards discarded at the beginning of a round are kept secret until the end of the round.

I hope this helps…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
Thanks for the clear explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I don't understand your third point.

Quote:
3. If you have to play a card of the color of the Supertrump and you have only 1s in this color, you don't have to play a Supertrump.

Let's say trump is blue and green 1s are supertrump.
Green 1 is lead. I don't have blue in my hand, but I have green.
I DON'T have to play green, because green 1s are considered to be blue, correct?
Now let's say I also have a supertrump 1 (green) in my hand, wouldn't I have to play it, since you have to play trump when you can?

And this brings me to the next question - what happens when two people play supertrump in the same hand? Who wins it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
Here's how it would read with your example: if you have to play Green and you don't have other Green cards than a 1, you don't have to play it (as it's a Supertrump and must be considered Blue for this round).
I hope it's more clear.

GoldSirius wrote:
And this brings me to the next question - what happens when two people play supertrump in the same hand? Who wins it?
From the rulebook (page 8):
Quote:
Who Takes the Trick?
The card with the highest value in the color of the starting card takes the trick, as long as no trump or supertrump has been played. If multiple cards of the same value and same color are played, the last card played takes the trick (this also applies for trumps and supertrumps).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Mattintheweb wrote:
GoldSirius wrote:
Here's how it would read with your example: if you have to play Green and you don't have other Green cards than a 1, you don't have to play it (as it's a Supertrump and must be considered Blue for this round).
I hope it's more clear.

GoldSirius wrote:
From the rulebook (page 8):
Quote:
Who Takes the Trick?
The card with the highest value in the color of the starting card takes the trick, as long as no trump or supertrump has been played. If multiple cards of the same value and same color are played, the last card played takes the trick (this also applies for trumps and supertrumps).

Oops! Merci!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.