GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,794 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: 2 Player Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on playing Legacy with one other person.

We have both played many games of standard Pandemic.

We prefer to play 2 characters each per game so we get the variety and access to multiple fun powers.

Does Pandemic Legacy have any secrecy limitations that might be ruined if we both play 2 characters?

Even if it technically works with 2 people playing 2 characters each should we just play 1 character anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Droz wrote:
I plan on playing Legacy with one other person.

We have both played many games of standard Pandemic.

We prefer to play 2 characters each per game so we get the variety and access to multiple fun powers.

Does Pandemic Legacy have any secrecy limitations that might be ruined if we both play 2 characters?

Even if it technically works with 2 people playing 2 characters each should we just play 1 character anyway?

As long as you're capable of making sure you keep each character's turn separate (which you probably are, if you've played vanilla Pandemic that way a lot), there's no reason you can't play Legacy with two characters each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems. In fact, unlike regular Pandemic, the rule is that players keep their hands face up at all times. See page 6 setup rule # 5. This completely eliminates hidden information between players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anh TĂș Tran
Canada
Laval
QC
flag msg tools
mbmb
As the year progresses, you can also vary the number of characters each month. Since :
1) choosing characters is done after the setup of the diseases.
2) comparatively to Pandemic On the Brink, the setup of the player deck do not depend on the number of characters playing that month.

It is usually recommended to play with the same group of players for narrative purpose. Other than that, the number of characters can vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Double-Clic wrote:
As the year progresses, you can also vary the number of characters each month. Since :
1) choosing characters is done after the setup of the diseases.
2) comparatively to Pandemic On the Brink, the setup of the player deck do not depend on the number of characters playing that month.

Matt Leacock has confirmed that, though you choose which characters to play late in setup, you choose how many characters you will play before performing any of the setup steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.