Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Germany
Erlangen
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone clarify, when does exactly the objective is considered completed ? Is it 1)as soon as the condition is fulfilled in the middle of the round, 2) or only after the objective is still achieved after a completed round ?

Example on the mission 1 was I managed to put the bomb on my execution phase, and we played until the end of the round where we got lucky that the health of the bomb was not depleted after the minion phase, and no damage cards forced me to move in a direction which would force me to move the bomb out of the repaid pad. If that were to happen, we would have lost if we played by the 2nd rule.

Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Generally, objectives are completed as soon as they occur (i.e. in the middle of the round) unless otherwise stated in the dossier. There are a few missions that require you to fulfill the objective at the end of the player's turn, but Mission 1 isn't one of them. As soon as the bomb touches the repair pad, you win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We assumed it was over the moment the objective was completed, even in the middle of 1 command slot. For instance, I had move 3 which pushed the bomb onto the repair pad with the first point of movement, so the game was instantly over without finishing the move.
I hope that was right, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Germany
Erlangen
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
catzpaw wrote:
As soon as the bomb touches the repair pad, you win.

A similar (in our case, hypothetical) question arose during our first play of Mission 1: Let's say the bomb has only 1 health point left. If a mech pushes it onto the Repair Pad which is occupied by a minion at that time, how is the situation resolved?
a) The bomb touches the Repair Pad, so the players immediately win the game.
b) The bomb crushes the minion, which causes it to lose its last point of health, so the players immediately lose the game.

From my understanding, this situation could be ruled either way, so I'd be really grateful for official clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Coffin, the minion damage would happen first, detonating the bomb. The repair pad couldn't then save it, I'm afraid.

Think of it as the minion damage happens as the bomb enters the space, the repair happens after it "arrives", if that helps make the timing clear. ie. before the repair pad can be activated, the minion would have to be gone, if the minion is gone, it has dealt its damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That makes perfect sense to me, MrPiddlesworth.

I really love how every rule in this game is perfectly explained by the theme of the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.