Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been looking at Vampire Hunters

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1608085/why-not-just-stick-...

Was wondering if every round an hour advanced. What happened if you had a day night mechanic, where the heroes get bonuses by day and the zombies got bonuses by night (at least outside.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the idea of day/night. One hour per round sounds good to me.

Here is an idea...

22:00 to 02:00 – +1 zombies, -1 survivors
02:00 to 06:00 – -1 survivors
06:00 to 10:00 – nothing
10:00 to 14:00 – +1 survivors
14:00 to 18:00 – nothing
18:00 to 22:00 – -1 survivors

Yes, this slants towards the zombies, but it is supposed to be hard... it is the Zombie Apocalypse after all. LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One of my favorite mods I have played with over the last year. A freaking simple clock. The game Vampire Hunters really pushed me over the edge for wanting to add it.

Day - Night Cycle

Time will pass as you go through the mission, sometimes that gives the survivors an advantage, other times the zombies will benefit.

When you start the mission, roll 4d6. The result of that roll is the hour of the day that you start the mission in.

At the end of each zombies phase, advance the clock by one hour. The are four times of day: Dawn – 4am to 7am, Day – 8am to 3pm, Dusk – 4pn to 7 pm, Night – 8pm to 3am.

Each of these periods has a benefit for the survivors or zombies:
Dawn: You can search anywhere.
Day: All attacks outside get +1 to their rolls (minimum 2+).
Dusk: The zone that the survivors started in becomes a spawn zone.
Night: All zombies that are outside get one extra move action when they activate.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Hhx1yXlz-OU0tPSWdiWVV1dHM...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.