$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
Dan Duke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
When i log a game play using the website or app, i am logging a buddies play at the same time. Sadly though it isn't appearing on their profile? Is it meant to? If not, what is the purpose of this feature?

I was hoping to log my groups game nights for everyone to see on their own profiles.

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A user can't do anything to affect another's profile (you wouldn't want someone to be able to assign 1,000 plays of Monopoly, for example). It is for your records only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from BGG Community to BGG Help and How-To.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Martial Solal - Bluesine || Balade du 10 Mars || Just Friends || In & Out
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Threads on this have been coming up for years. Here's a sampling:

copying played games from geekbuddies
Linking users accounts to other's recorded plays
Would be nice if BGG users added to game plays cross-posted to their profile
Collective game logs
Logged Plays for Multiple Users
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Duke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the list of links, they were certainly an interesting read (I have also subscribed to them), and seems to be a topic with split viewpoints. I can see ways it could work for everybody, but of course, time to implement will always be an issue.

Shame it's been on lists since 2009, and talked about so much, yet no built in solution has been scoped or implemented. Is there anything people like myself to do to help get a definitive answer to this (as in, it will never happen, or an official board to discuss how it could be implemented)?

These boards are great for discussions, but if the right people aren't aware of them, they are unlikely to get us towards one or the other are they (I am relatively new to the site, so if the way the site is managed is of relevance, throw me a link to read by all means).

Thanks,
Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Martial Solal - Bluesine || Balade du 10 Mars || Just Friends || In & Out
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
retrodans wrote:
Shame it's been on lists since 2009, and talked about so much, yet no built in solution has been scoped or implemented. Is there anything people like myself to do to help get a definitive answer to this (as in, it will never happen, or an official board to discuss how it could be implemented)?

It's a complicated question. BGG has limited resources for making changes and arguments against this one are substantial so it's no surprise to me that it hasn't been implemented, but I can't see why the admins would make a flat statement that it will never happen. There's no advantage to them in doing so; who knows what the future might hold?

Bottom line, we are where we are. Your thread won't be the last in favor of doing this, but don't hold your breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.