Subject: Second expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Alexander Bell
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know: Will there be a second expansion?

Best wishes,

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this will see another expansion, heck it barely registers any threads here on bgg, 6 this year, I think there is very little interest. I bought it, my group played half a doxen games and it was sold on ebay. As an X-files fan, I cried inside how this wasn't the game I wanted it to be.

Maybe the last expansion fixes some issues, but to me I wanted a monster of the week type investigation game, dripping with theme, which was 75% of the shows episodes,what instead we got the mythology arc type, which accounted for 25% of the shows episodes and generally the weakest ones.

Of course this is my personal opinion, there are many who enjoy the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fewell
msg tools
Well, the last expansion definitely adds the monster element to the game - depending on how the cards play out!

Kranser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After the fiasco of "the event" mini series they might not want to risk anything further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
After the fiasco of "the event" mini series they might not want to risk anything further.

Can you elaborate or do you have a link where I can read about it?

Personally I'd love to see a second expansion just for the sake of completeness. Seasons 7 - 9 with Agents Doggett and Reyes... Even if I'd prefer those seasons didn't exist (not because of Doggett and Reyes; they actually had some great MOTW episodes in the end, but the story jumped the shark well before the last few seasons).

Would be cool to have Mulder and Scully as Ally cards rather than agents and things like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The 6 part tv series that screens in 2016.

I'm not a huge Rhys Darby fan but his episode was the bets by a mile and a half.

Such promise, such disappointment for the rest of it especially when
Spoiler (click to reveal)

they had the lone gunmen appear, but for less than 3 seconds, one is half out of shot, in a dream sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ooooh. Silly me. I didn't realise it was called that. I've just been calling it Season 10. Makes sense, given the comics being Season 10 as well and all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I really hope there's a second expansion to finish the seasons off; even a small expansion. If not, I may just create one on my own over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:

I am not quite sure why people would call this a "fiasco". It was pretty much reminiscent of the X-Files as a whole. I personally liked 4 out of the six episodes (disliked one and hated one) and that is far from a fiasco. I wasn't expecting a hit of every single episode and was pleased with the others. It was still a much appreciated return of the show for me personally. To each their own I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the 6-episode series was far from a fiasco. While it is obvious that Chris Carter should NOT write any X-Files dialogue ever frickin' ever again, it was a success for the company and had great viewership.

They are actually considering a longer season now, though not to be released this year. Hopefully less Chris Carter and more of everybody else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.