$30.00
Hi all,

The original CoB states that for the bonus action when placing a Warehouse in your Estate, that a player may "sell one goods type of his choice".

The card game states "sell one type of goods from your storage. See Action 3 sell goods".

Action 3 sell goods reads "The die number on the discarded action card determines which type of good you may sell."

So as I read it, in the card game, whenever a warehouse is placed in your Estate, you may only sell goods that match the die value on the discarded card that allowed you to move this warehouse into your Estate. This could be the die value on the warehouse card itself, or it could be a different value if, for example, you moved the warehouse as a result of a bonus castle action. In this case, it would be the die value of the discarded card that allowed you to place the castle in your Estate.

Am I playing correctly, or should the card game function as per the board game, where the bonus warehouse action is ANY good regardless of die value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
g54pcys wrote:
Hi all,

The original CoB states that for the bonus action when placing a Warehouse in your Estate, that a player may "sell one goods type of his choice".

The card game states "sell one type of goods from your storage. See Action 3 sell goods".

Action 3 sell goods reads "The die number on the discarded action card determines which type of good you may sell."

So as I read it, in the card game, whenever a warehouse is placed in your Estate, you may only sell goods that match the die value on the discarded card that allowed you to move this warehouse into your Estate. This could be the die value on the warehouse card itself, or it could be a different value if, for example, you moved the warehouse as a result of a bonus castle action. In this case, it would be the die value of the discarded card that allowed you to place the castle in your Estate.

Am I playing correctly, or should the card game function as per the board game, where the bonus warehouse action is ANY good regardless of die value?

You may sell any one type of goods. That is quite clear in the german rules. The number of the die is only relevant for the placed warehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pasvik wrote:
g54pcys wrote:
Hi all,

You may sell any one type of goods. That is quite clear in the german rules. The number of the die is only relevant for the placed warehouse.

Well, the German and English rules both point towards action 3, which depends on the die number. However, the German rules do contradict themselves somehow:

In the German rules, it says "Der Spieler darf eine beliebige Warensorte aus seinem Lager verkaufen, gerade so, als ob er die Aktionsmöglichkeit 3 („Warenverkauf“) durchführen würde.

This translates to: A player may sell any (one type of) goods, just as if he had chosen action 3.

In contrast, the English rules simply say "Sell one type of good from your storage. (See Action 3: “Sell Goods”)."

We play it that the die number used matters, but I can see that others choose to play it to sell any one type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no contradiction in the German rules. The rules refer to action 3 only as a reference to how selling goods works, not to say how to determine which goods are sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks everyone for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.