4 Posts

Project Z: The Zombie Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Why does this game get no love? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
msg tools
mbmb
I recently picked this up and really enjoyed constructing, painting and learning it. And yes, I am going to get TWD all out war but wanted to give this a go while I waited. I think this is a solid enough game, with a 'gateway' feel to get newcomers involved.
So why no love? Hardly any posts on BGG, barely any video content on YouTube and no battle reports that I can see.
Is this already forgotten? Is it just that TWD is out mid November so people have left this on their shelves?

Any love out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I'm curious too. I really like the minis, but I've heard the rules aren't very good - but very little (or no) details provided.

I love Zombicide, and have started to hear fun things about The Walking Dead All Out War, but near-total silence on this one. I don't follow all the tabletop wargame sites, so perhaps it's partially a case of not listening to the right sources. But even over at dakkadakka.com (the one I frequent the most) there's very little news.

I'd love to hear from some who have played why this one isn't the one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
msg tools
mbmb
There isn't much to the rules, being two thin booklets(and there are a few mistakes that I can see). The mistakes are not good for a company like Warlord Games. However, after watching the one available instructional video, I was pretty much set and just needed to add in the extra card mechanic.

I have made a quick (and very basic) video as a test. There will be mistakes in there as I am still learning. It is a battle report so it isn't instructional but may give a feel. But I see it as a nice light gateway game for people who don't play miniatures/tabletop. I will put it in the video section.

I will be getting TWD but don't intend on giving up on this yet.

One extra thing about the lack of love. I get the Warlord newsletter and they NEVER mention this game. I think I will email them and ask why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gibbons
msg tools
I really don't understand why this game is overlooked, even the Facebook page is stagnant. Its a shame because its a great little game that is fun and fast to play. Maybe if warlord added a paper mat same as TWD folk would be more inclined to look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.