Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
My Blue Moon decks are getting a lot of use. I'm wondering if maybe I should laminate them, since there's no way of protecting them otherwise. Anyone have any thoughts on how to keep the cards in good shape?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It would probably be cheaper just to buy new decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
It would probably be cheaper just to buy new decks.

"Yah! I agree!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying new decks? Nope.

Just use Magic the Gathering card sleeves. The cards stick out only a fraction (literally 1/10 of a millimeter which is negligible). My cards are still like new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Buying new decks? Nope.

Just use Magic the Gathering card sleeves. The cards stick out only a fraction (literally 1/10 of a millimeter which is negligible). My cards are still like new.

I must be seriously mis-remembering the size of the Blue Moon cards. As I recall, they were far bigger that what would slip into a standard sized card sleeve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure they're wider too, but I will have to try it when I get home. Somebody (winks at FFG) should make Blue Moon sleeves with pretty art on the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Evangelista
Portugal
Santa Iria de Azoia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they don't fit into magic sleeves. period!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Korean web site (I don't recall the URL - but if it mattered I dare say someone might be able to find it with some work - someone else found it first) that has cards that fit. Now we just need a Korean speaker ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I did put them in Magic sleeves. The cards are just slightly taller which isn't a big deal. So, I can vouch for the fact that it does work. Cheaper that laminating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Moon City cards are only slightly bigger than M:TG cards but Blue Moon cards are much bigger.

I can only assume some people are confusing the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually they fit quite nicely, but you have to use scissors to size them down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kosec
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Demo_Boy wrote:

Ack!
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theonomous wrote:
Demo_Boy wrote:

Ack!
soblue

Ack too!

I'd love to find some sleeves for these, i had my hopes up when i found some ultra-pro stuff on Ebay that was for "wide screen cards", but it was just slightly too small, width wise.

I'd like to sleeve my Blue Moon cards too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ramstad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For starters, I do not own this game, so have no way to validate anything I'm saying... but I am anal and if I buy a copy, I will have something on hand to protect the cards before the boxes are opened, so I did some research, and here's what I found.

At 25.4 mm to the inch, 120 mm by 70 mm is 4.72" by 2.76" which is supposedly the dimensions of the Blue Moon cards. (Not Blue Moon City, which is a totally different game.)

So, that's pretty similar to 3" x 5", with a bit of slop on each side.

A very promising product is Ultra PRO Tall Soft Sleeves as seen here (no connection to vendor, in fact, have never even purchased from them, yadda yadda)

http://www.the2buds.com/susltall.htm

Approximate dimensions are 2 9/16" x 4 15/16". These may be too narrow, however, it would probably be necessary to either get more precise interior dimensions from the manufacturer OR simply buy a pack and try them out. Ultra PRO stock number is 81194.

A solution which certainly would work but probably a bit more effort would be to take a larger sleeve and use a heat sealer to make the sleeve narrower, and then trim off the excess. Postcard Soft Sleeves would work.

http://www.the2buds.com/suslsoft.htm

This is probably less effort than cold or hot lamination plus trimming.

Perhaps easier to work with, as the narrow dimension is closer to correct, would be a product from these folks:

http://www.cistamps.com/clear_sleeves.htm

Item # NF35 - 3" x 5 1/8 - opening on 3" end. If the fit isn't bad for the width, the excess length could be trimmed easily.

Here's another one, same type of thing...

http://www.theboxdepot.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?search=action...

aPSBM8 is 2-15/16 x 6-13/16 and seems promising to me, again, should be wide enough without too much slop.

So, that was everything I could turn up in a quick Internet search. The idea of cold lamination strikes me as a good one, but trimming hundreds of cards by hand would be a LOT of work. A good heat sealer and trimming down slightly larger card sleeves might be less work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.