I have the question to the game creators. Why is the price in pounds? We all know that this is the currency that can be decreasing a lot in following months or at least fluctuates. Are you gonna to produce that in Poland just as TWoM?
What I am worried about that you repeat the action you made with This War of Mine's Pledge Manager so instead of paying in pounds you made us (Polish) to pay in USD what increased our costs around 20%. Excuse? Brexit.
And now you are about to start next kickstarter (the very expensive one) and you are using pounds again?
Can you please clarify the situation what stands behind using the certain currency and what do you plan if GBP/PLN will goes down (as you probably produce in Poland) and your amount of money will decrease?
- Last edited Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:56 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:44 am
Actually, we were thinking about currency a lot. But with the current political stage we reach the conclusion that there is no safety currency (USD - elections soon, EUR is very fluctuating as well).
We would be most happy with creating campaign in PLN, but as for now Kickstarter does not provide this opportunity.
Thou few words about TWOM campaign:
- ALL money from the Kickstarter was actually secured with the currency option. So we did not asked for ADDITIONAL payment, just had to adjust any NEW payments (for shipping as well) to a new currency exchange rate
- People actually did not pay more. To give you example - USD to GBP rate during the Kickstarter was about 0,69. Then GBP went 10% lower - if we did not fixed money at Pledge Manager anyone new would pay actually LESS. So what we did was just adjusting exchange rate to those from Kickstarter.
- This also works both way and we really want to be a fair company. If for example during campaign pound will rocket 10%, we will be happy to add a bit more content into the game
Hope this explains a bit and thanks for your interest in the campaign!