Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Gamble
Australia
Hawthorndene
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
"Roll one additional die during all land battles. You must have at least one unit in the province for this to occur."

1. Does this mean that you roll when you have a lone fort as a fort is a type of land unit?

2. Because it states add one dice to battle it doesn't say that this is a "legion" roll so would you add the "legion" bonus to this roll for Caesar & Pericles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrunn wrote:
"Roll one additional die during all land battles. You must have at least one unit in the province for this to occur."

1. Does this mean that you roll when you have a lone fort as a fort is a type of land unit?

2. Because it states add one dice to battle it doesn't say that this is a "legion" roll so would you add the "legion" bonus to this roll for Caesar & Pericles?

1. Yes. Fortresses, triremes and the expansion's myrmidons and centaurs are all units.
2. Difficult. I think the bonusses don't apply..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrunn wrote:

1. Yes.
2. A Legions specific, a Units ALL fighting mini's = Legion, Tri & Fort,
so Caesar would only gain his bonus when the battle includes one
of ur Legion mini's.

Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Gamble
Australia
Hawthorndene
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies

I am of the opinion that the Ramses extra roll should not have the Caesar/Pericles legion bonus added.

Happy to to proven wrong but would like clarification.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't thought of it that way, but since the rolling side could include some special units, I guess it would make sense to keep the Ramses die "naked". Just to avoid complications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
Hadn't thought of it that way, but since the rolling side could include some special units, I guess it would make sense to keep the Ramses die "naked". Just to avoid complications.

I agree. The rules say "legions add +1/+2 to their die roll" and whether or not an army consists out of one or more legions, the extra die is not the legion's die. It's an extra die that belongs to Ramses (the invisible army leader), or to the army as a whole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:

Unless there is some future power that triggers based on a specific die roll, there is no difference in the end result between adding to a unit's die roll or to the total of all rolls, and thus, no need to roll the dice separately. Just roll all the dice and add bonuses to the total (e.g. for 2 Roman legions attacking with Ramses, roll 3 dice and add 2 to the total.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.