Subject: Waterfront realty: what if a tile is adjacent to multiple lakes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E.B. Sandberg
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
If "Tile X" borders 2 lakes when Waterfront Realty is placed, how much is collected for "Tile X" ($2 or $4)? In other words, does Waterfront Realty give $2 for EACH lake that a lake-adjacent tile borders, or just $2/tile that is on the waterfront (regardless of how many lakes it is adjacent to)?

i may have missed it, but I've looked in the rules and the threads here and can't find the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
KD:M!!!!!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EebsterBerg wrote:
If "Tile X" borders 2 lakes when Waterfront Realty is placed, how much is collected for "Tile X" ($2 or $4)? In other words, does Waterfront Realty give $2 for EACH lake that a lake-adjacent tile borders, or just $2/tile that is on the waterfront (regardless of how many lakes it is adjacent to)?

i may have missed it, but I've looked in the rules and the threads here and can't find the answer.

The tile reads:
"Each lake gives you an extra $2 for each adjacent tile (of the types shown)"
When you place it, you should look at each of your lakes and get $2 for each tile next to it that matches the types shown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Wahlsten
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
falenheld wrote:
EebsterBerg wrote:

The tile reads:
"Each lake gives you an extra $2 for each adjacent tile (of the types shown)"
When you place it, you should look at each of your lakes and get $2 for each tile next to it that matches the types shown.

Classic example of do what the card/tile says, don't do what it doesn't say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EebsterBerg wrote:

If I'm reading your scenario correctly, the tile you're actually placing this turn is Waterfront Realty. Tile X is already on the board.

Therefore, you don't collect anything for Tile X and, unless you place Waterfront Realty next to one or more of your lakes, thus triggering the lakes, you don't collect anything for Waterfront Realty either.

EDIT: Never mind the above. It's incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spiderjerusalemOX wrote:
EebsterBerg wrote:

If I'm reading your scenario correctly, the tile you're actually placing this turn is Waterfront Realty. Tile X is already on the board.

Therefore, you don't collect anything for Tile X and, unless you place Waterfront Realty next to one or more of your lakes, thus triggering the lakes, you don't collect anything for Waterfront Realty either.

This is incorrect. It doesn't matter where the Waterfront Realty tiles is placed - you will still get an additional $2 per tile adjacent to each lake when it is placed.

With respect to the original question - each lake is evaluated separately, so a tile adjacent to 2 different lakes would count for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:
spiderjerusalemOX wrote:
EebsterBerg wrote:

This is incorrect. It doesn't matter where the Waterfront Realty tiles is placed - you will still get an additional $2 per tile adjacent to each lake when it is placed.

With respect to the original question - each lake is evaluated separately, so a tile adjacent to 2 different lakes would count for both.

Aargh. You're quite right.
I forgot the full tile explanation in the tile manifest. Placing Waterfront Realty does indeed give you $2 for any tiles already in your borough adjacent to a lake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.